Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Lodwar Campus is located 200 meters east of Lodwar County Teaching and Referral Hospital, on Kakuma-Lokichoggio road in Turkana County. The Campus is adjacent to Lodwar Youth Polytechnic and on the leeward side of Lodwar High School hill.
With over 60 per cent of the population in the County being nomadic pastoralists, the total county population is about 1,200,000. The County socio, economic, cultural, climatic and geographical uniqueness prompted the construction of the Campus. Since inception, KMTC Lodwar Campus has continued to progress and make a remarkable difference in the County health sector.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:
- Diploma in Health Promotion
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificate in Nursing
- Upgrading in Nursing
- Upgrading in Nutrition and Dietetics
- A six month course on Community Health and Development
- We’re proud of our learning facilities, many of which are new or have been recently renovated to cater for students’ training needs. Computer and skills laboratories, hostels, classes, conference room, library and dining hall are all available to ensure students’ conducive learning atmosphere.
- The construction of a hostel building by Turkana County Government, is expected to further boost our efforts in making KMTC Lodwar a health training hub in the Northern region.
- The Campus has a hostel capacity of 300 students.
- Our staff quarters are situated near the Campus so that faculty and staff can take care of students’ learning needs.
- Our skills labs, equipped with life-like models, provide you with opportunities to freely master nursing and medical skills before visiting clinical areas to deal with real patients.
- We are proud of our competent tutors, skills lab assistants and student facilitators, who are readily available for your special training needs.
Join the campus where others have changed their lives as well as those of others. 376 students are taking Certificate in Community Health Nursing, 112 are taking both Diploma & Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics, 30 are taking Diploma in Health Promotion, while 24 students are Upgrading in both Nursing and Nutrition.
Clinical Experience Sites
Our mutual relationship with Lodwar County Teaching and Referral Hospital (LCRH) ensures that our students get the much-needed clinical exposure using top-of-the art equipment and other facilities.
For clinical experiences, our students are attached to Bungoma, Nakuru, Giligil, Katilu, A.I.C Lokichoggio and Lokichar health centers, as well as local health facilities which familiarize them with real-life experiences in the communities where they may eventually work upon graduation.
Our team of dedicated tutors make weekly visits to follow up on the performance of the students at clinical sites.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
You will become a member of active clubs and a vibrant student representative council at the Campus, which represents students’ grievances to the administration. Among the clubs are President’s Award which advocates for community sanitation, environmental conservation, hygiene, behaviour change among students in and outside the Campus.
If you have an interest in sports, KMTC Lodwar is the place to be. Be it in volleyball, football, basketball, rugby, netball, darts, table tennis, chess, scrabble or badminton, KMTC Lodwar Campus will make your interest in the games fulfilling.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC- Lodwar Campus
P.O. BOX 126-30500
Telephone – 0727261773
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them