Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Busia Campus is one of the 67 constituent campuses of KMTC. KMTC Busia campus is on a 4½ acre land, next to Busia County Referral Hospital in Busia town, Matayos Constituency Busia County, 500 meters from Kenya – Uganda boarder post.
Establishment of the Campus was envisioned by the then Vice President Moody Awori in 2003 and supported by the KMTC Board of Directors. The site for KMTC was officially commissioned by His Excellency President Mwai Kibaki in 2005.
The foundation stone for construction of KMTC Busia was laid by Busia County Governor Sospeter Ojamong on 9th October, 2014. A steering committee was established in 2015 to oversee implementation of the project activities in a phased approach. The first phase of the construction was completed by July 2016.
KMTC Busia Campus was approved by the Clinical Officers Council on 1st November 2016 and the first group of students for a Diploma Course in Clinical Medicine were admitted by 15th November 2016.
Further, the Nursing Council of Kenya accredited the Campus to offer a Diploma Course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing in March 2017 and the first group of nursing students admitted in April 2017.
Programmes and Courses currently offered at KMTC Busia Campus
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
Prospective Courses at KMTC Busia Campus
- Certificate in Community Health Nursing
- Upgrading Course in Orthopaedic Trauma Medicine
Facilities at KMTC Busia Campus
- Administration block
- Common room
- Fully-equipped Skills lab
- Well stocked library
- Well-equipped computer lab
- Multipurpose hall
Student Population at KMTC Busia Campus
The current student population is 397 with the number expected to go high in the next intake.
Clinical experience sites
Busia County Referral Hospital is the main training Hospital for the students. Others include: –
- Alupe Sub-County Hospital
- Port Victoria Sub-County Hospital
- Sio-port Health Centre
- Bumala Health Centre
- Lukolis Health Centre
- Nambale Sub-County Hospital
- Amukura Health Centre
- Nakuru County Referral Hospital
- Mathare Mental Health Hospital
- Kakamega County Referral Hospital
Clubs, Societies and sports at KMTC Busia Campus
- Catholic Students Association
- Christian Union
- Muslim Students Association
- Seventh Day Adventist
For sports, the following are available:
- Football team
- Volleyball team
- Handball teams
- Hockey teams
- Indoor games
The Campus has a vibrant student representative council.
KMTC Busia Campus Contact Information
Kenya Medical Training College
P.O. BOX 970-50400
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them