Kenya Medical Training College – Bondo Campus is located in Bondo town within Bondo Sub-County in Siaya County along Bondo – Siaya Road.
Bondo Campus was started in March 2012 as an initiative of the KMTC Board of Directors and supported by the community led by the then Bondo Member of Parliament Hon. Gideon Ochanda and funded by National Government –Constituency Development Fund.
The Campus started at the former Masita Technical Training Center offering Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology. Due to demand for clinical courses, the Sub-County Health Committee allocated another site near Bondo Sub-County Hospital where the main campus was established.
The following programmes were started at the main campus: Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing in September 2012, Diploma in Clinical Medicine in September 2015 and an upgrading programme in Health Records in September 2015.
Programmes and Courses currently offered at KMTC Bondo Campus
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma Health Records and Information Technology (Upgrading)
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
Facilities at KMTC Bondo Campus
The facilities at Bondo main Campus include modern classrooms, hostels, administration block, a dining hall, well stocked library, fully-equipped computer lab and skills lab.
Student population at KMTC Bondo Campus
With more than 600 students in the Campus, plans are underway to start a new programme – Certificate in Medical Engineering in September 2019 which will further increase the student population.
Clinical experience sites
Bondo Sub-County Hospital offers the main clinical experience for our students. Other clinical sites include Yala, Kombewa, Ruambwa Usigu, Madiany, Got Agulu, Ambira and Ukwala Sub County Hospitals. For specialized placement, students use County Teaching and Referral Hospitals of Siaya, Vihiga, Kakamega, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga (Kisumu County), Bungoma and Busia.
Clubs, societies and sports at KMTC Bondo Campus
To ensure students receive all rounded training, the Campus involves them in extra-curricular activities as approved by the College. Societies include Seventh Day Adventist, Christian Union, Catholic Action, Muslim group and music club.
The Campus sports teams participate at all levels of the College’s sports competitions up to national level for ball games and athletics. The Campus has a well-trained first aid team.
KMTC Bondo Campus contact information
KMTC Bondo Campus
P.O. Box 473-511
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them