TSC STAFF BALANCING ACROSS SCHOOLS, SUB-COUNTIES AND COUNTIES
The Commission has a primary mandate to assign teachers employed for service to public schools. This entails the exercise of related functions of transfer and posting of teachers to the public institutions where their services are required.
As you are aware, the process of staffing of schools is guided by 1 staffing norms’ whose key objective is to achieve the optimal utilization of teachers and in so doing, reduce disparities in teacher distribution.
Despite numerous efforts by the Commission to address teacher shortages across the Country, the situation is always compounded by irregular teacher distribution thereby, creating an imbalance that affects delivery of service in the teaching sector.
Further, the teacher staffing imbalance continues to limit the initiative toward the equitable distribution of the teaching Resource. If unchecked, this will adversely impact learning outcomes in our learning Institutions.
For that reason, you are required to coordinate with the County Directors in your respective Regions and undertake staff I teacher rationalization with a view to ensure an equitable re-distribution across the schools in your Regions. In doing so, you will consider the criteria provided in Appendix I.
The exercise should commence immediately. A detailed report on reviewed school staffing status should be submitted to the Commission in the format provided at Appendix II via email addr ess;dirsta [email protected] tsc.go.ke by 9 th May, 2022.
Henceforth, all newly recruited teachers, posting and transfer will be to schools and areas with identified higher teacher shortage.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN THE TEACHER TRANSFER
In undertaking teacher transfer and/ or the assignment to address teacher imbalance/s the following factors will be considered (unless upon teacher’s request):
- The age of the teacher: Teachers aged 56 years and above will be exempted from the transfer out of the area of their current work
- Health status: Teachers with proven cases of terminal illness will be exempt from transfers out of the current Sub-County of However, the Committee will evaluate each case on its own merit taking into consideration the supporting Medical documents, the availability and accessibility to the appropriate medical facilities amongst other factors in the proposed station.
- Teachers with Disabilities; Teachers with disability with the necessary certification will be exempted from transfers outside their current station.
- When transferring teachers, priority shall be given to schools within the Sub-County within the targeted shortage before transferring out of the Sub
- Family considerations: transfer couples who are employees of the Commission and have formally declared their marital status in the same neighbourhood where
- Length of stay since first appointment: the teacher must have served in a station for a period of not less than three (3) years and five (5) years for North Eastern and other areas respectively since first appointment; unless otherwise authorized by the Commission.
- Priority will be given to teachers who have applied for transfer and are eligible for
- In cases where teachers meet the criteria for transfer, the Commission will consider:
- First in, first out factor.
- Gender balance where
- Teachers security where
- HENCEFORTH, teachers transfer will be a continuous exercise to address staffing gaps and to ensure equitable distribution and optimal teacher utilization.
- Transfer of teachers will be carried out during the school holidays to ensure stability and the smooth running of the school program Is except for emergencies.
TRANSFER MATRIX (in excel)
LIST OF TEACHERS TRANSFERRED -………………………………… REGION
|SINO||TSC/No.||Teachers Name||Gender||L.O.S||Current Station||%
|Sub county||Proposed station||%