KMTC Machakos Campus is located near Machakos County Teaching and Referral Hospital. A calm, breathtaking environment with a beautiful view of hill peaks and the Yatta plateau, the longest in Africa, also neighbor Machakos Campus, offering a serene environment for learning.
The Campus was established in 1959 as a training school for Enrolled Nurses (EN) under the then Machakos General Hospital. The training of EN was srapped in 1978 giving way to Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nursing (KECHN), which continued up to 2000 when the course was replaced by Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN).
Programmes Courses and currently offered:-
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Plaster Technology
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing (Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing)
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Housing and dinning
Machakos Campus offers accommodation services at affordable rates. Students wishing to be accommodated are advised to make prior arrangements for booking into the existing well-furnished and clean hostels. There is full time internet connectivity.
- Resource center
Machakos Campus has a library with a well-equipped computer lab with high internet speed where students have access to computer services. Availability of wi-fi hot spots ensures that students are able to access internet services through several wireless access points distributed all over the Campus.
- Staff and student health services clinic
The Campus has a qualified clinician who manages the staff and student’s health service clinic located within the premises.
Transport is available enabling smooth movement during different activities of the Campus especially students going to clinical areas for their practical experience.
The current student population is 900 with the number expected to go higher in the next intake.
Clinical experience sites
The Campus is located next to Machakos County Teaching and Referral Hospital, where students go for clinical experience at their convenience.
Other sites include:
- Isinya Health Centre in Kajiado
- Tawa in Makueni
- Tiwi Rural Health Center in Kwale
- Karurumo in Embu
- Mosoriot in Uasin Gishu
Clubs, societies and sports
At Machakos Campus, we strive to prepare and empower students for life, not just for health service delivery. In recognition that students come to the Campus from different geographical areas, and with different cultural backgrounds and needs, every effort is made to provide the best and most comprehensive opportunities possible for students’ academic and personal development. The Campus has staff who have tremendous creativity, energy, and dedication to make the environment the most invigorating and inspiring place it can be for fostering life-long learning, personal growth and development for students.
Available spiritual clubs are:
- Christian Union (CU)
- Young Catholic Society (YCS)
- Seventh Day Adventist Group and;
- Muslim Group.
If you have an interest in sports, Machakos is the place to be. Students get involved in:
- Table tennis
- Scrabble and;
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Machakos Campus
P.O. Box 837 – 90100
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them