The Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Nyamira Campus is located in Nyamira County adjacent to Nyamira Level 5 Referral Hospital, five kilometers off Kisii, Kericho Highway along Nyamira- Miruka road.
The Campus, which sits on a five-acre piece of land, started in March 2012 to address the community’s high morbidity and mortality due to the influx of highland malaria and reproductive health related conditions.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences (MIS)
- A one-storey tuition block with six lecture halls and ablution block
- A fully-stocked library
- Well-equipped skills lab
- Modern class lecture halls
- Office block for management, staff and student clinic
- Administration block
- Hostel block
- Kitchen block
- Computer lab
- Recreation hall
- Play fields; volleyball, basketball
- Fifty-one-seater Campus bus
The Campus has a student population of 506.
Clinical experience sites
- Nyamira Level 5 Hospital
- Mathare Mental Health Hospital.
- Kericho Level 4 Hospital
Other hospitals include:
- Masimba, Hospital
- Gesusu Hospital
- Riana Hospital
- Keroka Hospital
- Nduru Hospital
- Gucha Hospital
- Gesima Hospital
- Nandi Hills Hospital,
- Vihiga,Level 5 Hospital
- Ekerenyo Hospital
Clubs, Societies and Sports
- Seventh Day Adventist (SDA)
- Christian Union (CU)
- Muslim Union (MU)
Campus Contact Information
KMTC Nyamira Campus
P.O BOX 574-40500
Tel: 0734 596693/0719 115521
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them