Kenya Medical training College (KMTC) Kisumu Campus is located in Kondele area next to Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital on Kisumu-Kakamega road approximately two kilometers from Kisumu town.
It opened its doors as a formal training institution for nurses in 1953. In those early years, it catered for about 45 students out of whom less than ten qualified in a year.
Over the years, the Campus has expanded to more than 1000 students with an annual output of over 200 trained health professionals. KMTC Kisumu campus is one of the largest medical training institutions in Kisumu County.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Certificate in Medical Engineering
- Higher Diploma in Ultrasound
- Higher Diploma in Paediatric Nursing
- Higher Diploma in Anaesthesia (in Nursing and Clinical Medicine)
- Short course in HIV Testing Services (HTS)
- Well-stocked library
- Well-equipped computer lab
- Well-equipped skills lab
- Wi-fi hotspot
- Hostel block
The current number of students is 1052 with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical experience sites
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital and Kisumu County Hospital are the two main training sites for our students and are both approximately two kilometers from the Campus.
The other sites for rural experience include the Mbale, Mosoriot and Muhoroni Rural Health Training Centre.
Clubs, societies and sports
The Campus participates in basketball, volleyball, handball, netball, football, athletics, rugby, darts, long-tennis, scrabble, chess, table-tennis, badminton and draughts at the zonal, regional and national KMTC sports competitions.
Campus Contact Information
KMTC Kisumu Campus
Po Box 1594 – 40100
Tel: 0708 – 668 923, 020 – 785002
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them