KMTC Taveta Campus is situated in a serene environment conducive for learning in Taveta Constituency, Taita Taveta County at the Kenya-Tanzania border.
Taveta Campus is set to admit pioneer students in September 2019 in the Department of Health Promotion and Community Health. The pioneer students will undertake a six-month short course in Community Health and Development and a Certificate course for Community Health Assistants (CHA).
This will mark the achievement of a major milestone for a Campus established to expand training opportunities for health care professionals. The Campus is a flagship project of National Government – Constituency Development Fund, Taveta, which has immensely supported the development of its infrastructure.
The Campus will play a major role in the training of health workers, who will be key to the realization of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Programmes and Courses to offered
- Certificate in Community Health Assistants
- Community Health and Development (a six-month course)
The Campus has the following facilities:
- Modern and spacious classrooms.
- A library, well equipped with the required medical text books for various medical courses.
- Modern staff offices and kitchen.
- Adequate clean sanitary facilities and constant supply of water.
Clinical Experience Sites
The primary health facility for training for the student is Moi Voi County Referral Hospital.
Other facilities are:-
- Taveta Sub-County Hospital
- Njukini Health Centre
- Rekeke Health Centre
- Ndilidau Dispensary
- Kitobo Dispensary
Clubs, Societies and sports
The students will be actively involved in various clubs, societies and sporting activities for their extracurricular activities.
Structures are also in place for the Campus to start the following clubs:
- Christian Union (CU)
- Young Christian Society (YCS)
- Seventh Day Adventist SDA
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Taveta Campus
P.O. Box 300 – 80302
Mobile Contact: 0703-175257
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them