The TSC TPAD2 portal is specifically designed for primary school Head Teachers, secondary school and college Principals. The TPAD Head of Institution (HoI) portal is used by the head of institution to conduct the following appraisal functions; Self-Appraisal, Schedule a Lesson Observation, Schedule an Appraisal Meeting and Countersign Teachers’ Appraisals.
The portal also allows the HoI to Schedule arbitration meetings, Fill in weekly attendance, View all Teachers’ appraisals in the institution and View all cancelled and failed appraisals.
In addition, through this portal, the HoI is able to access the Institution Set- up menu that enables the HOI to; Manage teachers, Admit incoming staff, Manage institution data and to Input School Performance data.
How the Head of Institution can Manage Teachers on TPAD 2
After logging into his/ her portal, the HOI is able to search a teacher by entering the TSC number or ID number and click on search button.
Through the manage teachers menu, the HOI will also be able to;
- Add a BOM Teacher; To add a BOM teacher, Click on the Add BOM teacher tab. A pop up window will appear that will enable the HOI to capture the BOM teachers details and click on the ‘save’ button when done.
- Remove a teacher from the institution data; To remove a teacher from the system, the HOI will select on the teacher to be removed then click on Remove Teacher button. A pop up window will appear where the HOI will input reason for removing the teacher and give his/her remarks before clicking on the save button.
- Release a teacher to another institution or county; To release a teacher, the HOI should select the teacher to be released then click on release teacher button, a pop up window will appear. The HOI will select whether to release the teacher to a specific institution or to a particular county.
- Send a message to a teacher or all teachers; These tabs will provide for the HOI to fill in the institution or county details and reason for the release before clicking on the Release Teacher button.
How the Head of Institution can add new teachers on TPAD 2
From this menu, the HOI will be able to view incoming teachers. This is done by entering the teacher’s details and clicking on the search button and add them into the institution database.
Get all TPAD 2 procedures and documents here.
How the HoI can Manage the Institution on TPAD 2
This portal enables the HOI to add or edit the Institution’s details. Institution data that can be managed here include:
- Contact Information; On clicking on contact information tab, a pop up window will appear. This will enable the HOI to add or edit the institution’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Postal address , Phone number and email address. You will then press on the save button.
- Institution type; This tab allows the HOI to input details of the institution i.e.; Institution level-Primary/Secondary/Post Secondary
Institution Type – Primary / Secondary Teachers Training
Participating projects- HOI is required to indicate all projects that the institution is undertaking.
The HOI can add or edit the information by clicking on the Action button, a drop down Edit button will appear.
- Strategic Objectives; Here, the Head is expected to use this tab to input the institution’s strategic objectives. On clicking on strategic objectives tab, a page will appear which will have a tab labelled Add Strategic Objective. On clicking on Add Strategic Objective button, a pop up window will appear which will allow the HOI to add an objective, the year or quarter and year that the objective is to be achieved. This will be added into the database by clicking on the Save button.
- Demographic Information; HOI is able to input the institution’s demographic data using this tab by clicking on the Demographic Data button where a page will appear which will have a tab labelled Add Demographic Data. On clicking on Add Demographic Data button, a pop up window will appear which will allow the HOI to add the number of students and teachers categorized per gender, CBE/Staffing Status, number of streams, Term/Quarter and year. This will be added into the database by clicking on the Save button.
Updating School Performance on TPAD 2 portal
The HOI is able to input the performance of the institution every year by clicking on the School Performance tab under institution set – up menu. A page will appear that will have a tab labelled Add Performance.
On clicking on the Add Performance tab, a pop up window will appear which will allow the HOI to input the mean attained and the year. This is saved into the database by clicking on the Save button.