Ugenya Campus is located in East Ugenya Location, Ugenya Sub County, in Siaya County about 10 kilometres off the Kisumu – Busia highway. The Campus sits on a five-acre piece of land and was established through an initiative of the KMTC Board of Directors and Ugenya Constituency Development Fund.
The Campus opened its doors to the first class of 47 students in September 2016 pursuing a Certificate course in Health Records and Information Technology. The pioneer class graduated in December 2018.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology (HRIT) – Upgrading from certificate to Diploma.
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology.
- A computer laboratory where students conduct research and gain IT skills which are a key component of training.
- Accommodation facilities for both male and female students within the Campus premises.
- Catering services where students get quality meals at an affordable rate.
- A well-equipped skills lab
Clinical Experience Sites
Our students to public hospitals, sub- county level hospitals and referral hospitals within and all over the country for clinical experience.
Clubs, societies and sports
It is our strong belief that students should be all rounded and not only excel in academics. Therefore, we have several clubs and societies available for students while at the Campus, including:
- Wild life club
- Christian Union
- Muslim Group
- Catholic Action
- Seventh Day Adventists
- Entertainment groups among others.
Sports is one of the major extra-curricular activities in which students engage in. This not only ensures all rounded growth but allows the students from various backgrounds to interact away from the class-room setting.
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Ugenya Campus
P.O. Box 13-40614
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them