Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Nairobi Campus started in 1927 with four students at the Kenya Institute of Administration (KIA), Kabete. In 1990, it became a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency through an Act of Parliament, Cap.261, Legal Notice No. 14, Laws of Kenya.
In 1994, the name Kenya Medical Training College was adopted as a unifying title for the College. Nairobi Campus was operating under the KMTC headquarters until 2001 when it became autonomous with its own Principal.
Programmes and Courses Offered at KMTC Nairobi Campus
|2||Nutrition and Dietetics||Diploma|
|6||Medical Imaging Sciences||Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|7||Medical Engineering||Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|8||Health Education and Community Health||Certificate and Diploma|
|9||Orthopaedic and Trauma||Certificate and Diploma|
|10||Nursing||Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|11||Community Oral Health||Diploma|
|12||Physiotherapy||Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|13||Health Records and Information||Diploma|
|14||Environmental Health Sciences||Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|15||Clinical Medicine||Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|16||Orthopaedic Technology||Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|17||Medical Laboratory Sciences||Diploma and Higher Diploma|
|18||Medical Education||Higher Diploma|
|19||Health Service Management||Higher Diploma and short courses|
The Campus has facilities which accommodate all the departments which include:
- Administration block
- Lecture halls
- Catering facilities
Population of the Campus
The campus has a population of 4200 students undertaking Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma in the various courses offered by the Campus.
Students gain mentorship and clinical experience in the clinical areas within the locality of Nairobi and across the country in various health facilities. They have also been of great assistance to hospitals where they compensate for health staff shortage.
Campus Contact Information
KMTC Nairobi Campus
P. O. BOX 30195 -00100
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them