Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Kitui Campus was established in the year 2004. The Campus is 1 km away from Kitui town and is located along the Hospital road next to Kitui County Referral Hospital. The environment is very conducive for learning which makes the Campus excel academically.
Kitui Campus admitted its first class of Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN) in September 2004. The Campus has since experienced exponential growth, with other programmes/courses being introduced over the years.
KMTC Kitui Campus is the Centre of Excellence in Family Planning and Reproductive Health.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Certificate Course in Community Health Nursing
- Certificate in Health Records Information and Technology.
- Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences.
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma in Health Records and information Science (upgrading)
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences (upgrading)
- Computer laboratoryconnected to the internet
- Demonstration Laboratoryused by students during practical sessions
- Modern refurbished skills laboratory
- Administration block
- Spacious and well-equipped library
- College bus
- Double cabin pickup
- Power backup generator
The total students population is 1,031 with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical Experience Sites
Students in Kitui Campus go for their clinical experience in Kitui County Referral Hospital, located next to Kitui Campus. Other health facilities include:
- Mutomo Mission Hospital.
- Mwingi Level IV Hospital
- Miambani Health Center
- Mbitini Health Centre
- Ikanga Health Centre
- Migwani Sub-county Hospital
- Mathare Mental Hospital
- Portriez Hospital
- Machakos Referral Hospital
Clubs, Societies and Sports
The following sports are available in the Campus
- Table tennis
- Lawn Tennis
- Various clubs and societies
KMTC Kitui Campus
Box 711-90200, Kitui – Kibwezi Road
Tel:020- 350 32 34/ 0791360299
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them