KMTC – Nakuru Campus is situated in a serene environment along Crescent Road, Milimani Estate, about one kilometer north of Nakuru town in Nakuru County.
KMTC Nakuru is constructed on a 52.6-acre piece of land which is shared with Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Environmental Health Science
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Higher Diploma in Clinical medicine – Anesthesia
- Higher Diploma in Nephrology Nursing
- Upgrading Diploma Nursing
- Upgrading Diploma Health Records and Information Technology
- Transport systems
The Campus has adequate means of transport for both staff and students: a 51-seater bus, a 29-seater minibus and a double cabin pickup truck.
The Campus has a well-equipped modern library, which can accommodate up to 300 students, with a wide range of textbooks and other learning materials. It is also equipped with computers and internet connection to enable students conduct research and access online reference materials.
- Computer Lab
The Campus has a fully equipped computer lab with strong internet connection for use by students pursuing courses within the campus.
- Classrooms and staff offices
Nakuru Campus has enough classrooms for all departments. In addition, it has two well-furnished lecture theaters. There are other additional classrooms inside the Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital that are used by Physiotherapy and Medical Imaging Sciences departments. There are enough staff offices for lecturers and non-teaching staff.
- Students’ hostel and staff quarters
The Campus has four hostel blocks for male students with a bed capacity of 507 and six female hostel blocks with bed capacity of 484 students. We also have 69 staff houses within the Campus to make sure our students can conveniently access them for academic improvement.
Currently, the Campus has a student population of 1,530 comprising of pre-service, upgrading diploma and post-basic students.
Clinical Experience Sites
Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital is the primary clinical site used by students for their practical skills.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
The Campus has the following clubs:
- Christian Union (CU)
- Young Christian Society (YCS)
- Muslim group
- Youth friendly Centre
- Conscious youth
- Seventh day Adventist
- Environment club
- Music festival and culture club
- HIV/AIDS /Champions group
Sports at the Campus include: –
- Football both men and ladies
- Volleyball both men and ladies
- Indoor games
- Basket ball
- Handball both men and ladies
Campus Contact information
KMTC Nakuru Campus
P.O. BOX 110-20100
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them