2021 KCPE EXAMINATION TIMETABLE & INSTRUCTIONS
1.0 TIMINGS OF PAPERS IN THE 2021 KCPE EXAMINATION AND INSTRUCTIONS TO SUPERVISORS, INVIGILATORS & CANDIDATES
Download the 2021 KCPE Official Knec Time Table Here.
The time allowed for each paper is indicated against the name of the paper and NO EXTRA TIME IS TO BE ALLOWED.
Time for reading through questions is part of the time shown on the question paper except where special paper instructions indicate otherwise.
Supervisors and Invigilators should ensure that candidates are issued with personalized mark sheets that bear their correct names and index numbers.
2.0 DAYS, DATES, SESSIONS AND DURATION OF 2021 KCPE EXAMINATION PAPERS
2.1 FRIDAY: 04.03.2022: REHEARSAL DAY
2.2 DAY 1: MONDAY: 07.03.2022
- 8.30 am − 10.30 am 1 Mathematics 2 hours
- 8.30 am − 10.30 am 2 Mathematics (Large Print) 2 hours
- 8.30 am – 11.00 am 3 Mathematics (Braille) 2 hours 30 minutes
- 11.00 am – 11.30 am BREAK 30 minutes
- 11.30 am − 1.10 pm 4 English Section A − Language 1 hour 40 minutes
- 11.30 am − 1.10 pm 5 English Section A − Language (Large Print) 1 hour 40 minutes
- 11.30 am − 1.30 pm 6 English Section A− Language (Hearing Impaired) 2 hours
- 11.30 am − 1.40 pm 7 English Section A – Language (Braille) 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1.40 pm – 2.30 pm BREAK 50 minutes
- 2.30 pm − 3.10 pm 8 English Section B − Composition 40 minutes
- 2.30 pm − 3.10 pm 9 English Section B – Composition (Large Print) 40 minutes
- 2.30 pm – 3.20 pm 10 English Section B −Composition (Hearing
Impaired) 50 minutes
- 2.30 pm – 3.20 pm 11 English Section B – Composition (Braille) 50 minutes
2.3 DAY 2: TUESDAY: 08.03.2022
- 8.30 am – 10.10 am 12 Science 1 hour 40 minutes
- 8.30 am – 10.10 am 13 Science (Large Print) 1 hour 40 minutes
- 8.30 am – 10.40 am 14 Science Braille 2 hours 10 minutes
- 10.40 am – 11.10 am BREAK 30 minutes
- 11.10 am – 12.50 pm 15 Kiswahili Lugha 1 hour 40 minutes
- 11.10 am – 12.50 pm 16 Kiswahili Lugha (Large Print) 1 hour 40 minutes
- 11.10 am – 12.50 pm 17 Kenyan Sign Language – Section A 1 hour 40 minutes
- 11.10 am – 1.20 pm 18 Kiswahili Lugha (Braille) 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1.20 pm – 2.10 pm BREAK 50 minutes
- 2.10 pm – 2.50 pm 19 Kiswahili Insha 40 minutes
- 2.10 pm – 2.50 pm 20 Kiswahili Insha (Large Print) 40 minutes
- 2.10 pm – 2.50 pm 21 Kenyan Sign Language Section B Composition 40 minutes
- 2.10 pm – 3.00 pm 22 Kiswahili Insha (Braille) 50 minutes
2.4 DAY 3 WEDNESDAY: 09.03.2022
- 8.30 am – 10.45 am 23 Social Studies and R.E 2 hours 15 minutes
- 8.30 am – 10.45 am 24 Social Studies and R.E (Large Print) 2 hours 15 minutes
- 8.30 am – 11.15 am 25 Social Studies and R.E (Braille) 2 hours 45 minutes
The Kenyan Sign Language papers should be taken only by candidates with Hearing Impairment (HI).
4.0 INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES TO SUPERVISORS, TEACHERS AND CANDIDATES
4.1 INSTRUCTIONS TO SUPERVISORS AND INVIGILATORS
Supervisors and invigilators should call the attention of the candidates to the Instructions/Guidelines and adhere to them.
They should also ensure that candidates are issued with personalized answer sheets that have their correct names and index numbers.
4.2 INSTRUCTIONS TO TEACHERS
TEACHERS are advised to ensure that candidates clearly understand the instructions given below and are aware of the penalties for examination irregularities or misconduct. Candidates are required to follow these instructions carefully.
4.3 INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- 4.3.1 Avail yourself for searching outside the examination room and be seated at your desk/table 15 minutes before the time scheduled for the paper. Morning sessions will start at 8.30 a.m.
- 4.3.2 A candidate who arrives late will be required to give a satisfactory reason to the Supervisor. Only in exceptional circumstances will a paper be given to any candidate who is more than half an hour late. Punctuality should be observed for all papers.
- 4.3.3 Ensure that your name and index number have been written and crossed correctly on the answer sheet.
- 4.3.4 Check to ensure that each page of your question paper is printed.
4.4 CAUTION TO CANDIDATES
4.4.1 You are not allowed to leave the examination room before the end of the period allocated to the paper except with special permission from the Supervisor.
NO CANDIDATE SO PERMITTED TO LEAVE MAY TAKE A QUESTION PAPER OR ANSWER SHEET/SCRIPT OUT OF THE EXAMINATION ROOM.
4.4.2 Do not leave a sheet of paper you have written on or your answers in such a position that another candidate can read them.
You should not give or obtain unfair assistance, or attempt to do so, whether by copying or in any other way, and your work should not show proof of such unfair assistance.
4.4.3 No communication whatsoever in whatever manner between candidates or with outsiders is allowed during the examination.
4.4.4 You are not allowed to have in your possession or in your proximity while in the examination room, any book, notes, papers or any other materials whatsoever except the correct question papers and any materials expressly authorized by the Kenya National Examinations Council.
4.4.5 You must return immediately to the Supervisor any question paper that has smudges, has errors or is badly printed.
4.4.6 You must not take any used or unused paper out of the examination room. Any rough work must be done on the official question paper.
4.4.7 Any misconduct or causing of disturbance in or near the examination room will be treated as an examination irregularity.
4.4.8 Cell phones or any other electronic communication device are prohibited in examination centres. Any candidate caught in possession of a cell phone/any other electronic communication device will have his/her results cancelled.
4.5 PENALTY FOR EXAMINATION IRREGULARITIES
4.5.1 The KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012 Offences and Penalties stated in Sections 27 to 40 for cases of examination irregularities will apply. Some of the highlights in these Sections state that:
22.214.171.124 A candidate who commits an examination irregularity in any paper will have the results for the WHOLE SUBJECT cancelled.
Such a candidate will not be entitled to a result for the subject. This will be reflected as (00).
126.96.36.199 If there is evidence of wide-spread irregularities in any examination centre, the examination results for the whole centre will be cancelled.
188.8.131.52 Any person who:
a) gains access to examination material and knowingly reveals the contents, whether orally or in writing, to an unauthorized party, whether a candidate or not, will be in violation of Section 27of the Act and the penalty will be imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years, or a fine not exceeding two million shillings or both;
b) willfully and maliciously damages examination material will be in violation of Section 30 of the Act and the penalty will be imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or a fine not exceeding five million shillings or both;
c) is not registered to take a KNEC examination but, with intent to impersonate, presents or attempts to present himself to take the part of an enrolled candidate will be in violation of Section 31 of the Act, and shall be guilty of an offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding two million shillings or both and shall be prohibited from taking an examination conducted by or on behalf of the Council for a period of three years.
4.5.2 Please ensure that you do not commit any examination irregularity to avoid having your results cancelled.