Are you a Kenyan Student pursuing a masters or Doctoral Course in Kenya? Do you have constraints in raising your university fee and need a Scholarship? Well, the Higher Education Loans Board, HELB, awards partial scholarships to Kenyans pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters or Doctoral) in both local Public and Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE]. The value of the scholarship award is Kshs.200,000 and Kshs.450,000 for Masters and PhD programmes respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Programme and 3 years for the PhD.
In order to qualify for these scholarships you need the following:
- Letter of Admission into a full or part time program
- Minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Reporting for 1st year of study
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and programmes which will directly contribute to the “Big Four Agenda”
- If HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant MUST be repaying his/her loan or has cleared the same.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials Materials
The application Form and where to submit it.
The HELB Postgraduate Scholarship application form is accessible from the Student Portal upon registration. The application runs from May-July every year. The applicant is required to correctly fill in his/her details, print two copies of the application form, appropriately have it duly signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated on the checklist.
Submit one copy of the form at HELB Student Service Centre, Anniversary Towers and select Huduma Centres. Applicant should retain one copy of the duly filled form for their records.
Important points to Note:
- Geographical distribution and gender is considered during the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants from marginalized regions are highly encouraged to apply.
- A non-refundable application fee of Kshs.3,000 is to paid directly to HELB Operations A/C NO 1104823047 KCB University Way Branch
- Do not pay any individual to process your HELB Scholarship Application.
Do not hesitate. Make your application today so as HELB relieves your financial burden. Click on this link to access the official HELB application portal; https://portal.helb.co.ke/