TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCIES FOR INTERNSHIP POSTS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS
The Teachers Service Commission invites applications from qualified candidates to fill 450 internship vacancies in secondary schools. Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke under “Careers” or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 22nd March, 2023.
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in education with a minimum mean Grade of C+ (plus) and C+ (plus) in two teaching Subjects in KCSE or its equivalent;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service
- Manual applications will not be considered.
- The Commission’s Recruitment Guidelines for the recruitment of Teacher Interns 2022/2023 Financial Year (Post Primary Institutions) shall
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original academic and professional certificates.
- Selection of Candidates will strictly be on merit and based on the number of vacancies per County.
- Applicants who were previously employed by the Teachers Service Commission on permanent and pensionable and those who have served under TSC internship programme are not
- An applicant is allowed to apply in two schools where appropriate vacancies have been
- Successful candidates must not take more than one Offer of Internship Taking two or more offers of internship engagement will lead to disqualification.
- Successful applicants will be required to have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship
- The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering the teaching The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
- During verification/ interviews, applicants shall be required to produce the following:-
- A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from TSC online portal as evidence of registration as a teacher;
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable);
- A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport;
- Two (2) colour passport size photographs;
- A copy of National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card;
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
The Internship period will be for twelve (12) months.
MONTHLY STIPEND FOR TEACHER INTERNS
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/-. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer as per the constitutional provisions and law and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
REPORTING OF FRAUD
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest TSC office or Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director- Staffing (0202892131) or write to the Commission through the email address [email protected]
Further, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station.
Details on available vacancies per county and school is in the Teachers Service Commission’s website: www.tsc.go.ke
TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION