The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, is set for a major delocalization exercise for school heads this month. This has been revealed by the Commission boss Dr Nancy Macharia. Those to be moved are heads and principals and their deputies serving in their home counties and those who have served in the same station for a long period. . According to the TSC boss, Dr Nancy Macharia, teachers with medical conditions will be spared from the ongoing delocalization exercise. Also to be spared are teachers aged above 56 years and those set to retire. In what was seen as a major shake up, the commission in June this year directed County Directors to compile data for school administrators in readiness for the transfers. Via a memo dated 27th June, 2019 the TSC Deputy Director in charge of staffing Dr. Dorothy Owuor had instructed the County Directors to collate data for institutional administrators within their areas of jurisdiction.
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link:
Hot News, Click on the Link Below;
- This is all you need to know about the 2019 KCSE and KCPE exams; how to download the results and other important guidelines
Reasons for DelocalizationThe Commission says the transfers and deployments are being undertaken for various reasons including:
- Following the retirement of headteachers and principals who attained the mandatory retirement, some headship positions fall vacant. As a result, deputy heads who are qualified and have exemplary performance record have been promoted to headship positions and transferred accordingly. Inevitably, some of the serving heads have also been transferred to take the positions that fell vacant. This is necessary in order to match performance and experience to the enrollment and level of the institutions.
- Changes have also been necessitated by the need to strengthen management of some of the learning institutions following recommendations from standards and assessment reports.
- In line with the Policy on Appointment of Institutional Administrators some principals and headteachers who have served for a long period in the same institution have been transferred. It is intended that the transfer will provide them with a new working environment and also tap into their vast experience.
- In the course of the year, some Heads of Institution apply to be transferred to new stations. Such applications are normally considered at the end of the year to avoid unnecessary disruption in curriculum delivery, and after necessary replacements have been made. In making the transfers, the Commission has always considered important factors such as number of years pending retirement as well as exceptional circumstances such as health, where appropriate documentation is available.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals