The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has released a new user manual for Online System Teacher posting, entry and exit. This comes at a time when the Commission has developed a new portal for teacher management.
According to the latest manual from TSC, the Entry/ Exit returns will be submitted online by Heads of Institutions and Sub County Directors to record when a teacher joins or leaves an institution.
The process of Posting must be complete in order for Entry/ Exit process to be initiated.
These returns will then be received online by Human Resource Management (HRM) headquarters for processing. The role of the Sub County Directors will be to submit entry/exit returns for institution administrators and teachers who have exceeded the stipulated 14 days for transfer and 30 days for recruitment.
ACCESSING THE TEACHERS ONLINE SYSTEM
You can easily access the teachers online portal. To do this, use the simple steps below;
- Go to the TSC website https://www.tsc.go.ke.Teacher, Posting & Entry/Exit link will be availed under Online Services menu.
- To log into the system, Key in your TSC number in the text box provided and click next to proceed.
- Enter your password and click Login button.
- To log out of the system, on the far right, click on the drop down arrow, a list will appear click sign out.
On the login page, click on forgot password, Key in your TSC number and click continue. A verification code will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS.
Enter the verification code and click on continue.
The sign up page will appear as shown below for you to update your profile and create a new password. Click next to proceed to the login page.
- Click on My Profile
- Click on Account
- Provide New password and Confirm password. Click Save to effect changes
SUBMITTING ENTRY/EXIT REPORTS
To submit an Entry/Exit report, the head of institution must log into the system.
- Under the Entry/Exit menu select Submit Entry/Exit-Inst Head.
- Click to submit
- Entry Exit report
- In the window which will be displayed, you will see; Teachers on Entry and Teachers on Exit Teachers in my institution
TEACHERS ON ENTRY
To receive the teachers click on Entry under the Actions menu.
- In the screen that appears, Click the button to initiate teacher entry process
- Next, Select entry reason
- Then, Select date reported, Remarks (if any) and click on Submit to finish
TEACHERS ON EXIT
- To exit a teacher on transfer or temporary exit, click on Exit under Action button.
- In the window that appears select the date of exit from the calendar, confirm exit by selecting yes from the drop down and click on the save button.
- Click to exit teacher from the institution
See also; TSC online system portal login at https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/
EXITING TEACHERS ON DUTY IN AN INSTITUTION
Teachers on duty can leave the institution permanently on retirement or death among others.
To exit a teacher, click on Exit Teacher under the Actions menu.
Note: Teachers on temporary exits are not removed from the list of teachers in the institution but flagged as on leave.
Click button to exit teacher in your institution
In the window which appears, Select date of exit Exit reason Remarks
Heads of Institutions can access reports as displayed below.