Technical University of Kenya Course List, Fees, Requirements, How to Apply
THE Technical University of Kenya (TU-K) is the leading university in technological education and training in Kenya. The University was awarded a Charter in 2013, making it a fully-fledged public university.
The University specialises in training at the Postgraduate, Undergraduate and Diploma levels, while at the same time engaging in research. It has a clear student upward movement policy, which makes it easy for students to move from one level of training to the next, and recognise prior training by awarding students credit transfers.
The University has developed and implemented a digitised and completely paperless student applications process; from application to registration. Prospective students are therefore, advised to make their applications for the programmes listed below:
What to do next…
Browse programmes offerred to check for requirements, duration, and approximate fees.
Quickly view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Get assistance from the help page.
Online Application Procedure:
- Create Account with us or sign in if the account is already created;
- Enter your personal details to obtain a REFERENCE NUMBER which is in the form of APP/xxxxx/2023;
- Enter your academic qualifications and upload scanned copies of the corresponding certificates or result slips. Please note that result slips for examinations taken more than two years ago will not be accepted;
- Pay the application fee of KES 2,000 for Diploma/undergraduate programmes, KES 3,000 for postgraduate programmes, and KES 3,600 (USD 36) for foreign applicants. These payments should be made through Co-operative Bank of Kenya Kenya A/C No. 01129006234900 / Commercial Bank A/C No. 1101632445. The payment will be confirmed automatically after 24 banking hours;
- After the elapse of 24 banking hours, return to this portal, log in and choose your preferred programme of study; thereafter,
- SUBMIT your programme of choice and wait for the selection process to be concluded. Meanwhile, you are advised to frequently log in, using your account details, to establish the status of your application.