ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANT POSTS PRINCIPAL QUALITY ASSURANCE AND STANDARDS OFFICERS
The Ministry of Education, State Department for Early Learning and Basic Education, is currently implementing numerous Educational reforms. To enable the State Department effectively and efficiently implement these reforms, applications are invited from suitable qualified serving Teachers with Teachers Service Commission to fill the following posts.
PRINCIPAL QUALITY ASSURANCE AND STANDARDS OFFICERS – CSG8 (130 POSTS) VACANCY No.1/2021
- SALARY SCALE: Ksh. 49,000 p.m. to Ksh. 87,360 p.m
- COMMUTER ALLOWANCE: Kshs. 8,000 p.m
- LEAVE ALLOWANCE: Kshs. 6,000 p.a
- HOUSE ALLOWANCE: AS PER THE PREVAILING RATES
- MEDICAL BENEFITS: COVERED BY NHIF CIVIL SERVANTS MEDICAL SCHEME
- TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent and Pensionable
PRINCIPAL QUALITY ASSURANCE AND STANDARDS OFFICERS, CSG8
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- planning and carrying out quality assurance and standards assessments;
- disseminating quality assurance and standards assessment reports to educational institutions;
- advising Education Boards on the standards of Education;
- coordinating school activities and programs;
- organizing pedagogical skills upgrading for teachers;
- organizing and coordinating Co-curriculum activities;
- determining the Education Quality Index;
- and guiding, advising and appraising officers under their supervision.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Senior Graduate Approved Teacher with Teachers Service Commission in Job Group ‘M’ or an equivalent for at least three (3) years;
- Bachelor of Education degree from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor of Arts/Science with Education from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor of Arts/ Science and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Education Management and curriculum supervision course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants MUST complete an online application form through the Ministry’s website via the link https://recruitment.education.go.ke
Points to Note:
- Candidates should upload certified copies of academic, professional certificates and transcripts.
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled in the online application form.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their identity cards, Academic and Professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Candidates shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- The Ministry of Education is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and gender equality.
- Persons living with disability (Pwds) are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline for submitting your application
All applications must reach this office via the link provided above on or before Monday 7th June, 2021.