DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY TEACHER EDUCATION (DPTE)
A DPTE Teacher Qualifies to teach in grade 1-9 of the Kenyan Education
Subjects taught– Professional studies, English, indigenous, languages, Kiswahili, physical and health education, mathematics, science and technology, agriculture, home science, music, art and craft, religious education, social studies.
- Diploma in Primary Teacher Education entry grade is a mean grade of C (plain) in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, or its equivalent.
The candidates must C (Plain) in the following cluster subjects.
i. English and Kiswahili;
iii. One Humanities
iv. One Sciences.
- Candidates with disabilities will be required to have a minimum entry mean grade of C- (Minus) in KCSE and a C- (Minus) in the cluster of subjects stated above.
- Course Duration: DPTE will take three (3) years of study in accordance with the approved Curriculum designs.
- The diploma teacher trainees will cover the recommended hours for coursework, required hours for practicum and pass the assessments as directed by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).
- The Teacher Trainee shall be required to undertake three months micro-teaching course.