This script provides complete information about Lenana school. Get to know the school’s physical location, directions, contacts, history, Form one selection criteria and analysis of its performance in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. Get to see a beautiful collation of images from the school’s scenery; including structures, signage, students, teachers and many more. For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;
LENANA SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL LOCATION
Lenana School is a National Secondary School, located at Dagoretti North Constituency in Nairobi County; Near Nairobi City. It is an all Boys’ Public Boarding School.
LENANA SCHOOL’S INFO AT A GLANCE
- SCHOOL’S NAME: Lenana School
- SCHOOL’S TYPE: All Boys’ Boarding
- SCHOOL’S CATEGORY: National
- SCHOOL’S LEVEL: Secondary
- SCHOOL’S LOCATION: located at Dagoretti North Constituency in Nairobi County; Near Nairobi City; Kenya
- SCHOOL’S KNEC CODE: 20400001
- SCHOOL’S OWNERSHIP STATUS: Public
- SCHOOL’S PHONE CONTACT: +254 708952250
- SCHOOL’S POSTAL ADDRESS: P.O Box 30253-00100, GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
- SCHOOL’S EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOOL’S WEBSITE:
LENANA SCHOOL’S BRIEF HISTORY
It was Founded on January 28, 1949 by colonial governor Philip Euen Mitchell in 1949. By then the school was known as ‘the Duke of York School’. The first students were briefly housed at the then British colonial Governor’s House which is the current State House as they waited for the school’s completion. The founding principal/headmaster was R.H. James.
Originally the school was reserved for white students only within the racial system of colonial Kenya, but after independence in 1963 there were gradual changes that led to the first few black and Asian students being admitted in the mid 1960s.
The school was renamed Lenana School in 1969 after the legendary Laibon Lenana who was the central human figure in the Maasai religious system and ruled around the end of the 19th century through to the early 20th century. The first Kenyan headmaster (principal) of the school was Mr. James Kamunge.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
LENANA SCHOOL’S CONTACTS
In need of more information about the school? Worry not. Use any of the contacts below for inquiries and/ or clarifications:
- Twitter Handle: @lenanaschool
- Mobile Phone Number: +254 708952250
- Telephone: +254-0722977795
- Postal Address: P.O Box 30253-00100, GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
- Email: email@example.com
LENANA SCHOOL’S FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA & ADMISSIONS
Being a national school, the main form one selection criterion is that one must have scored over 400 marks in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, exams. Other selection guidelines that are set by the Education Ministry also apply; from time to time. Admission vacancies for other forms can be sought at the school. Visit or call the school for further guidelines.
Below is a sample of an admission invite letter:
LENANA SCHOOL’S KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
The school has maintained a good run in performance at the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, exams. In the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams the school registered a total of 248 candidates who managed to score a mean of B+ (plus) with a performance index of 70.333. In 2019, the school had a total candidature of 317 students.
SCHOOL’S PHOTO GALLERY
Planning to pay the school a visit? Below are some of the lovely scenes you will experience.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals