The first medical training college to be established in Taita -Taveta County, KMTC Voi Campus opened its doors in 2016. It is situated one kilometer from Voi town off Mombasa- Nairobi highway on a 5.9 acre land. The Campus is also two kilometers away from the famous Standard Gauge Railway Voi station, making it easily accessible.
The Campus is projected to expand in the coming years due to availability of space and support from the College and its partners.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing.
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology.
There are plans to introduce more new courses in future.
The Campus also has the following:
- Modern state-of-the-art equipment in our skills lab enabling us offer quality training for nursing and clinical medicine students, who are the primary users of the lab.
- Modern and spacious classrooms which are well lit and ventilated.
- A library with a seating capacity of 200 students, well equipped with the required medical text books for various medical courses.
- Modern staff offices and kitchen.
- Adequate clean sanitary facilities and constant supply of water.
- The expansive availability of land provides the Campus with a great opportunity to expand horizontally and vertically.
- Campus bus.
- Security of students, staff and their property within and around the Campus vicinity is adequately provided.
- There are accommodation facilities for both male and female students. We also have dining facilities that provide quality meals for our students.
The Campus has a population of over 170 students, and with more expected to report after admission, this number is likely to go higher.
Clinical experience sites
The Campus enjoys a cordial relationship with clinical experience sites within and outside the County, including Voi Sub-County Hospital, who have committed and experienced clinical instructors and mentors.
Clubs, Societies and sports
The students are actively involved in various clubs, societies and sporting activities for their extracurricular, and have participated up to national level.
Campus Contact Information
KMTC Voi Campus
P.O. Box 18-80300
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them