Kenya Medical Training College(KMTC) Migori Campus was started in September 2013 and had her first admission of 48 Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN) students in October the same year. The Campus is situated in a serene environment within Migori Level 5 County Referral Hospital.
The Campus has excellent training facilities and has excelled at both College Final Qualifying Examinations and Nursing Council of Kenya Licensing Examinations. The excellent performance is attributed to highly qualified, dedicated and committed staff and administration.
Besides, the Campus enjoys good working relationship with various partners in the health sector to ensure that every opportunity is utilized for the benefit of our students.
Our esteemed partners include the Migori County Government, Migori County Referral Hospital, the College of the Rockies in Canada (MAISHA Project) and various Non-Governmental Organizations.
In June 2019 the Governor of Migori County undertook to allocate fifty (50) acres of land for expansion of the Campus and pledged Kshs. 20,000,000 to support development. The Campus recently received a new bus to ensure efficient and effective transport for students and plans are underway to construct a Modern Resource Centre.
Programmes currently offered: –
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
Projected New Courses (starting September 2019): –
- Diploma in Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine
- Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Certificate in Community Heath Assistant
- Tuition Block
- Administration Block
- College bus
Clinical Experience Sites
- Migori County Referral Hospital
- Kisumu County Referral Hospital
- Siaya County Referral Hospital
- Kisii Training and Referral Hospital
- Kehancha Sub-county Hospital
- Isibania Sub-county Hospital
- Awendo Sub-county Hospital
- Dede Rural Training Centre
- Ongo Health Centre
- Rongo Sub-county Hospital
- Lwala Alliance
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Migori Campus
P. O. Box 58 – 40400
Tel: 0728 312 305 / 0727 386 090 /0779 71 98 65
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them