Various accredited universities offer Courses in Education for prospective students who want to be teachers. The universities have course specific requirements for the various Arts and Sciences courses. They also offer various teaching subjects combinations. Here are the Education courses offered at kenyatta University and links to their application portals:
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY EDUCATION COURSES[wpedon id=”734″ align=”center”] The university offers a wide range of education courses in its Faculty of Education. Bachelor of Education Course Requirements:
- Mean grade C+ (Plus) at KCSE and at least C+ in each of the two teaching subjects,
- 2 principal passes at A’Level and 1 subsidiary in relevant subjects,
- Diploma in Education (May be exempted in relevant units).
- P1 teachers must have scored C+ at KCSE to qualify.
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 1 ENG
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 2 MAT A / MAT B / BIO / PHY / CHE / BIO / GSC
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 3 BIO / CHE / PHY / BIO / GSC / HAG / GEO / CRE / IRE / HRE
- CLUSTER SUBJECT 4 KIS / BIO / PHY / CHE / BIO / GSC / HSC / ARD / AGR / WW / MW / BC / PM / ECT / DRD / AVT / CMP / FRE / GER / ARB / KSL / MUC / BST NOTE: A subject may only be considered ONCE in this section
- SUBJECT 1: ENG; C
- SUBJECT 2: MAT A / MAT B; C
- SUBJECT 3: BIO / PHY / CHE / PSC / BSC / BIO / GSC: C+
- Mean grade C+ (plus) at KCSE and at least C+ in each of the two teaching subjects chosen,
- 2 Principal passes at A’ Level and 1 Subsidiary in relevant subjects,
- Diploma in Education.
- P1 teachers must have scored a mean grade of C+ at KCSE with at least C+ in two teaching subjects chosen.
- Mean grade of C+(Plus) at KCSE with at least C (Plain) in Mathematics and C+ in each of the two teaching subjects or 2 Principal passes and 1 Subsidiary pass at A’ Level in Mathematics,
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Diploma in Education.
- APPLICATIONS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 2019
- APPLICATIONS FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMMES FOR AUGUST 2019 INTAKE (Postgraduate)
- APPLICATIONS FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMMES FOR AUGUST 2019 INTAKE (Undergraduate)
- CISCO PROGRAMMES (SHORT COURSES)
Application and Fee Payment AccountsCo-operative Bank of Kenya –Account No. 011-2906-246-1400 National Bank of Kenya –Account No. 010-0305-915-0801 Equity Bank Limited –Account No. 0180290518859 Family Bank –Account No. 045000023316
LIST ACCREDITED PROGRAMMES ON OFFER AT KENYATTA UNIVERSITY
- KNEC: How to download Contracted Professionals’ letters
- KNEC Contracted Professionals: How to check deployment station and other details
- KNEC: PTE, ECDE, SNE Latest registration instructions
- hKNEC Exam Administration: How to access, mark and print the Contracted Professionals’ attendance Register
- KNEC Exam results and Certificates: How to receive results and certificates from KNEC
- A link to all KNEC portals
- KNEC grading system for all subjects
- Identification, Nomination and selection of KNEC contracted Professionals
- Important information for teachers wishing to train as KNEC examiners
- KNEC: How to assign index numbers to KCPE, KCSE candidates
- tHow to download marking invitation letters for KNEC examiners