- The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has suspended the ongoing interviews for teachers shortlisted for promotions. This follows the recent outbreak of the Corona Virus (Covid-19) pandemic. Teachers who had been notified to attend the scheduled interview sessions will have no choice by wait a little bit longer.
“In line with govenment directives on containing the spread of coronavirus, TSC has suspended all the on-going interviews at the headquarters, regional and county offices with immediate effect. The commission will communicate to the affected teachers on when the exercise will resume in due course,” reads a presser by TSC’s Head of Corporate Communication; Beatrice Wababu.
“Meanwhile, the commission encourages all teachers to help in this fight by disseminating the correct information to all people wherever they work and live. The nation calls upon us at this hour to be the agents of the change that will defeat coronavirus,” she adds.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
TOTAL SHUT DOWN.
The Commission has been running interviews for various promotional vacancies; over the past few weeks.
This latest directive comes after the President ordered for immediate closure of all learning institutions in order to curb further spread of the disease.
It is not only TSC operations that will be paralyzed. Most organizations have been forced to shut down operations as they wait and see what happens next.
“We have suspended learning in all our education institutions with immediate effect. Consequently, and to facilitate a phased approach, primary and secondary day schools are to suspend operations from tomorrow,” said President kenyatta on Sunday evening in his address to the Nation.
“For those in boarding schools, the school administration is to ensure that students are home by Wednesday, 18th March 2020 while Universities and Tertiary Institutions are to close by Friday, 20th March 2020,” added the head of state.
The President at the same time urged government offices, businesses and companies to allow employees to work from home, with the exception of employees working in critical or essential services.
The President exuded confidance that the Corona Pandemic will be defeated in due course. “This pandemic will test us, as it is testing all countries in every corner of the world, but I do not believe it will defeat us. If we pull together, and everybody does their part, we shall overcome its worst impacts,” an optimistic Uhuru said.
BEST LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number
For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;