Education Cabinet Secretary prof. George Magoha has told schools to be wary of the current Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19) pandemic. The disease that has infected thousands of people in the world has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO).
“As you are aware, there is an outbreak of a new disease known as Novel COVID-19 Corona Virus that has been reported in various countries. Corona Virus is a respiratory disease whose common signs and symptoms of infection include high fever, cough, and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause Pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and death.,” says CS Magoha in his latest directive to school heads.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
HOW TO PREVENT THE DISEASE
Magoha now tells schools to be extra careful to curb any possible exposure of staff and learners to the disease. “Given the COVID-19 outbreak and its impact on people and health, it is important that all learning institutions in the country take appropriate measures for prevention and response to mitigate the Public Health Impact in the event of an outbreak,” notes the CS.
According to Magoha, Learners and staff across all institutions are advised to do the following for prevention: Wash their hands with soap, Observe normal hygiene in schools and at home. They should also avoid unnecessary shaking of hands and body contact.
He further cautions school heads to be extra vigilant to safe guard the learners. “In the event that the above stated symptoms are detected, prompt referral to a specialized health provider is required. Heads of learning institutions across the country are asked to liaise with the nearest public health offices for proper information on the COVID-19 disease,” he adds.
Kenyans will have all reasons to smile and be thankful since there is no single case of Corona disease that has been reported in the Country; so far.
BEST LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number