The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has given teachers an indefinite leave following the closure of all learning institutions countrywide. On Monday Monday, the Education Cs directed that all learners to stay at home after more cases of Corona Virus were reported in the Country. On Sunday, the president directed that all schools, colleges and universities be closed to prevent further spread of the pandemic.
“You are directed to remain at home during this period of corona virus epidemic,” reads a Circular from one of the TSC’s field officers.
“During the period you are NOT supposed to visit TSC Headquarters, TSC County Office or TSC Sub-County Offices unless the matter that takes you to those offices is of emergency in nature,” adds Nkoroi J.M who is the TSC County Director in Nakuru County.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
Already, most schools have released learners to their homes until further notice.
“Teachers should spearhead a leading role in sensitizing parents on preventive
measures of COVID – 19,” says the Commission’s Boss Dr. Nancy Macharia through a circular dated Monday March 16, 2020.
According to Dr. Macharia, the Commission will be offering limited services. However, we have dedicated hotlines through which critical services will be offered. Safaricom- 0722208552, Telkom:0777208552, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teachers will however continue receiving assistance on issues related to their medical insurance services. “It is important to note that the medical service providers’ hotline remains 1528, while the mobile number is 0730604000,” adds Macharia.
She has at the same time urged parents to ensure their kids are engaged throughout this period.
Uncertainty continues to rock the whole world as countries grapple with best ways to curb the spread of the virus.
On Monday, the Education CS provided guidelines on how the learners would be handled between their schools and homes so as to protect them from contracting the virus. The government was forced to take the drastic action to prevent them from any possible exposure to the virus while at school.
The Commission has also suspended all interview sessions for teachers seeking promotions.
The Government has banned all public gatherings in a bid to put the deadly virus at bay.
BEST LINKS TO TSC SERVICES & DOCUMENTS; ONLINE
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
- TSC: Full payment rates for teachers, officials, attending CBC training
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number