The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has opened the student loan applications portal for students in TVETs. Check all the details on requirements, how to apply and closing dates below.
TVET STUDENTS SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT LOAN APPLICATION FINANCIAL YEAR 2021-2022
The Higher Education Loans Board invites applications for the Second and Subsequent TVET Loan and Bursary for 2021-2022 Financial Year from Kenyan students admitted in National Polytechnics, Technical Training Institutions and Vocational Colleges under the Ministry of Education, and are registered with Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service [KUCCPS] and members of the Kenya Association Technical Training Institutions [KATTI].
Students enrolled for approved TVET courses and are applying for the second or subsequent student loan.
How to Apply:
- Download the HELB App from Google Play Store or dial *642#.
- Register using your phone number to generate a PIN which you will use to log in.
- Ensure the mobile number is registered under your name.
- Please NOTE that mobile numbers not registered in the students’ name will not allow the loan application to proceed.
- Read, understand and dick to accept the license agreement.
- Enter your first name as it appears on your National ID, ID number and valid email address to complete
- Click on “loans” tab and choose either certificate loans or diploma loans. Then click “apply” on the TVET second and subsequent loan.
- Read and understand the financial literacy guide.
- Answer the financial literacy questions and scroll down to view results and click “proceed”.
- Click “confirm” to verify your telephone number by paying Kshs. 1 to M-PESA.
- Read the loan agreement and click on ‘I agree’.
- Click ‘submit’. A pop-up message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed.
Please note that this application is pape tie ss. You are not required to print any form. A confirmation S MS with a loan application serial number is the evidence that you have applied. Kindly save the SMS for future reference.
The closing date for the loan application is 31st December, 2021.