A teachers seeking for a transfer from the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, should make a request in writing and will get a transfer letter if the application is successful. Under the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, scheme of service a teacher is entitled for a transfer after finishing the mandatory five (5) years or due to any other special condition. The transfer must though be ratified by the Commission.
A teacher can, however, get transferred under other special considerations; without necessarily completing the five years.
The transfer can be effected either upon request by a teacher or can be initiated by TSC. If you need the transfer, then you should fill the TSC transfer form. This form can be downloaded here.
WHEN CAN TSC TRANSFER A TEACHER?
The Teachers service Commission, TSC, may transfer a teacher from one teaching station institution to another based on:
- the need for equitable distribution and optimal utilization of teachers
- availability of a teaching vacancy in the proposed station.
- the need for replacement
- existing staffing norms which may be reviewed from time to time
- medical grounds, as certified by a registered medical practitioner
- any other grounds that the TSC may consider necessary to warrant the transfer.
Related TSC News;
- TPAD 2; How to carry out appraisal and fill the form online
- New TSC teacher registration guidelines; Procedure and requirements
- The TSC News Portal; Get all the latest TSC News here.
- TSC Payslip; Register, access, update third parties, send and print your payslip
- TSC Teachers’ recruitment guidelines; Marking schemes, score-sheets and all the latest recruitment guidelines.
- TSC news; Your ultimate TSC News Portal.
- TSC Forms; Download all the TSC forms and gui
When and How can a teacher get transferred by TSC
A teacher may be transferred under the following circumstances:
- After a study leave: A teacher granted a study leave exceeding six months shall apply for posting by the Commission at least thirty days before the expiry of the study leave.
- After a leave granted to spouses of persons in diplomatic service: A spouse of a person in diplomatic mission/ service shall apply to the commission for posting one month before the end of assignment of duty.
- After a disciplinary action like interdiction or suspension for a period not exceeding six months without payment of salaries and allowances.
- After a transfer of service to the public service commission: The TSC may, Where a person applies for a transfer of service from the public commission to the TSC, approve the transfer subject to availability of a vacancy.
- After expiry of tenure at a trade union like the Kenya National Union of Teachers, KNUT, and Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers, KUPPET.
- After a substantive appointment: A teacher who is promoted and substantive appointed will be redeployed/ transferred to another station, subject to availability of such substantive posts like: Headship, Deputy Headship and Senior masters.
- After posting from a primary to a secondary institution.
- After applying to the commission for a transfer on medical grounds, with supportive evidence.
- When working conditions are hostile and may jeopardize the teacher’s well being and security.
- If there is need for equitable distribution and optimal utilization of teachers.
- On an agreeable and tenable swoop request to the TSC.
THE TSC TRANSFER LETTER.
Once the transfer is approved, a teacher will be served with a transfer letter. The letter gives details on the teacher’s new station and reporting date.
Read more details here; TSC- How to apply for a transfer, the transfer application form and requirements.