The teachers employer has released the date when the newly recruited teachers are expected to report to their stations. It is a reprieve for the tutors recruited in 2019 by the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, who have been waiting for the good news.
A number of vacancies were advertised by the Commission in 2019. The table below captures some of the vacancies.
Here are the posts; including post name, number of vacancies and key dates:
|S/N||Post Name||Number of Posts||Advert Date||Mode of application||Closing Date|
|2||Replacement of Primary school Teachers who left in August||220||7/10/2019||Manual||23/10/2019|
|3||Replacement of Secondary school Teachers who left in August||44||7/10/2019||Manual||23/10/2019|
|4||Post Primary School Intern Teachers||6,000||9/10/2019||Online||24/10/2019|
|5||Primary School Intern Teachers||4,300||9/10/2019||Online||24/10/2019|
|6||Replacement of Primary school Teachers who left in June/July||3,348||12/9/2019||Manual||24/9/2019|
|7||Replacement of Secondary school Teachers who left in June/July||769||12/9/2019||Manual||24/9/2019|
|8||Deputy Directors and County Directors||27||12/9/2019||Online||23/9/2019|
|9||Quality Assurance- Sub County Directors||12||12/9/2019||Online||17/9/2019|
|10||Teacher Management- Sub County Directors||64||12/9/2019||Online||17/9/2019|
|11||Permanent Posts in Primary Schools(Redeployment to Secondary)||1,000||16/8/2019||Manual||30/8/2019|
|12||Permanent Posts in Secondary Schools||4,000||16/8/2019||Manual||30/8/2019|
|13||Promotions for Heads (T Scale 10; Grade C5)||2,310||20/8/2019||Online||20/9/2019|
|14||Promotions for Deputy Heads (T Scale 9; Grade C4)||3,733||20/8/2019||Online||20/9/2019|
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
Do not miss out on any news concerning KNEC and Exams. Be the first one to receive KNEC related news as it breaks. Here, below, is your all important link for you;
The teachers are now expected to report to their new stations on January 6, 2020. Posting letters for the teachers are ready at the County offices. The letters are to be picked by principals and school heads.
What you need to know about the posting letter.
The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, sends a letter of employment (Letter of probationary employment) to a newly recruited teacher after successfully vetting the teachers’ documents. The letter is sent to the teacher through the station where the teacher has been posted to serve under TSC terms. In the letter the Commission Secretary spells out the entry level of the teacher i.e Secondary School Teacher II for teachers entering the profession as degree holders. The station where the teacher has been posted and the subjects to be handled are also written on the employment letter.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new cTSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT.
A newly recruited teacher works on probation for a period of not less than six (6) months. In some cases the probation period may be extended if the teacher’s performance is unsatisfactory; at worst, the teacher’s employment may be terminated before completion of the probation period. To be confirmed on permanent terms, the head of institution fills a recommendation form for the teacher that is sent to TSC for approval.
The teacher is expected to proceed to the posted institution as indicated on the employment letter and has a grace period of 30 days from the effective date; as stated on the letter.
The employment letter also spells out the expected basic salary per year depending on the entry grade of the teacher. The teacher is also entitled to monthly allowances pegged on his/ her grade. Allowances that the teacher may get include, but not limited to: House allowance and Commuter allowance. Teachers working in areas classified as hardship get hardship allowance on top of the two allowances. While, those working at schools with differently abled learners also receive Special allowance.
The teacher is expected to work in any part of the country where the Commission feels his/ her services are required. Additionally, the teacher will have to serve at the initial work station, where the first posting has been made, for a period of not less than five (5) years before requesting for a transfer. Though, in some cases such a teacher may be transferred under special consideration from the Commission on such grounds as Medical and insecurity; as may be deemed fit by TSC.
The employment letter is also copied to the Principal or head of institution and the TSC County Director.
More reading on TSC matters;
- New, latest TSC Teachers recruitment guidelines
- TSC: Wealth declaration guide for teachers, staff
- A TSC teacher’s payslip details and how to get yours online
- TSC posting, employment, letters for newly recruited teachers
- TSC adds another new teacher registration, employment requirement; read the details
- All TSC online services: the TSC website, online services and how to easily access them
- New list of TSC County Directors
- Updated TSC recruitment guidelines for teachers
- TSC: Process of handing-taking over by new school heads and other administrators
- New academic and professional requirements for registration of teachers
- How to check the status of TSC number application online
- Get the latest TSC news on these official Social Media links (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram and online)
- How to apply online for the vacant administrative positions at the Teachers Service Commission-tsc
- TSC: Most marketable subject combinations
- TSC: Revised, new, service charter
- TSC: Download all the TSC forms, circulars, regulations and Memos here
- TSC: How to easily get the retirement, pension, benefits
- TSC: Full process of interdicting, disciplining and dismissing teachers
- New, updated, list of offences that can lead to a teacher’s removal from the TSC register
- TSC: All teachers’ leaves explained
- TSC: List of all allowances paid to teachers and to get them
- Latest Career Progression Guidelines, CPG, for teachers
- TSC: Answers to all the Frequently asked questions by teachers
- TSC: A list of all the TSC contacts
- TSC: How a teacher should claim the medical expenses costs from TSC
- TSC: How to best apply for a teacher transfer
- How to easily apply for a TSC number
- Applying for a TSC number? This is all you need to know.
- All what you are required to have in order to apply for a TSC number