Are you applying for a new TSC Number or Certificate? Well the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, is mandated with the responsibility of registering new teachers in Kenya. Remember, it is an offence to teach minus having a TSC number/ registration certificate.
During the online application you may encounter a number of challenges. To make your work easier, here are some of the solutions to any challenges that you may experience.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR TSC NUMBER; FREQUENT QUESTIONS & CONCERNS PLUS THEIR SOLUTIONS
1. WHICH DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
These are the required documents. Scan the originals for online uploading.
- National ID (Both sides)
- Degree/Diploma/PTE/ECDE Certificate (As Applicable)
- Academic Transcripts (For Degree/Diploma holders)
- KCSE Certificate
- KCPE Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- KRA Pin Certificate
- GP 69 Medical Form
- Bank Slip (If you’ve paid via the bank)
- A screenshot of the MPESA transaction message (If you’ve paid via mpesa)
- Your Passport size photo (You can take it using your smartphone)
HOW DO I PAY THE TSC REGISTRATION APPLICATION FEE?
There are two ways to pay the application fee of 1,055/-. Use any of them.
PAYING VIA MPESA:
- PayBill Number 625625
- Account No. Your ID Number Starting with TSC… (eg. TSC12345678)
- Account Number: 01001000905001
LOST YOUR KCPE/KCSE CERTIFICATES?
- You can apply online for confirmation of results then proceed with the TSC application without the lost certificate.
- Open this link, click ‘Register’ to create an account then apply. Link: https://qmis.knec.ac.ke/
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS CONFIRMATION OF RESULTS APPLICATION:
- A photocopy/result slip of the lost certificate. or
- The Class nominal results sheet for the year you did the exam.
- APPLICATION FEE: You’ll be required to pay an application fee of Kshs. 2,320 via MPESA Pay bill 250544. The Mpesa Account number is provided via SMS after submission of the application and verification of your documents.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY NAMES ARE NOT MATCHING ON MY DOCUMENTS
If the names in any of your academic documents don’t match with your ID, obtain an affidavit from an advocate or commissioner of oaths (An advocate/ Lawyer will do this for you). It is uploaded among the documents.
CAN ONE USE PHOTOCOPIES TO APPLY FOR A TSC NUMBER?
Use original documents. To use photocopies, they must be certified at the subcounty TSC office. If you’ve lost any of the original documents, make arrangements to have results confirmed at KNEC.
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE TSC NUMBER?
The duration is not really specified. It all depends on the processing speed and logistics at the registry.
If there is a delay, applicants can call the head office for enquiries.
HEAD OFFICE CONTACTS:
Email: [email protected]
WHAT IS GP 69 AND WHERE DO I GET IT?
A GP 69 is a medical examination form which is downloaded online then printed for filling.
Part 1 is stamped at the subcounty office then part 2 is filled by a doctor.
Download the GP 69 form here: All TSC forms for teachers: Free PDF download and filling guides
HOW DO I APPLY FOR MY TSC NUMBER, ONLINE?
The new TSC teacher registration process is straight forward. Follow the steps in this link, carefully; TSC new teacher registration guidelines, requirements and online procedure: Easily get your TSC Number.
HOW CAN I CHECK THE PROGRESS OF MY APPLICATION?
You are supposed to monitor your registration status online. To be able to do this, please refer to these simple steps; How to check your TSC number online
WHAT DO THE VARIOUS INDICATORS THAT I SEE WHILE CHECKING MY TSC REGISTRATION STATUS MEAN?
These are the indicators you’ll likely find when checking the status of your TSC registration online;
- In Progress; This means that the application has been submitted but not yet checked at the registry.
- Verified; The application has been checked and all details confirmed correct.
- Registered; This is the final status for a successful application. The TSC Number is indicated on the portal. A text message is sent to the applicant as well.
- Reset; This means that there’s an error which needs to be rectified. The error is stated both on the portal and in a text to the applicant.
- Incomplete; The application is not complete/not submitted
- Rejected; This feedback is given when the applicant doesn’t qualify to be registered as a teacher, especially for failing to meet the minimum academic qualification.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I’VE BEEN REGISTERED?
An SMS is sent to you upon successful registration. It bears the TSC number. You can then generate a print-out of the notification through this link:
https://tsconline.tsc.go.ke/register/registration-status (Open it and enter your ID Number).
This is not the registration certificate though. The registration certificate is sent to you through the registered postal address.
HOW/WHEN DOES ONE GET THE TSC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE?
The registration certificate is sent through the postal address provided during application. You get it after receiving an SMS with your TSC number.
Ensure that the address you provide is correct to avoid losing your certificate.
IN CASE I REALIZE THAT I MADE AN ERROR IN MY APPLICATION, CAN I EDIT IT?
After submitting the application, editing cannot be done before the application is rejected at the registry.
After such rejection, you receive an SMS indicating that your application has been RESET. The application is then open for editing.
The reason for the reset is as well stated in the message.
You can contact TSC head office on 0722208552/0777208552 to get assistance.