The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, is advertising vacant positions for Principal Teacher Management Officers. There are 47 vacancies to be filled and application is purely online.
VACANCY: PRINCIPAL TEACHER MANAGEMENT OFFICER TSC SCALE -7
Advert Number: 202101PTMO
No of Posts: 47
Duties and Responsibilities performed by Principal Teacher Management Officers
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Facilitate the processing of teacher registration;
- Implementing policies and guidelines related to teacher management functions;
- Identifying vacant posts as per the establishment in all public learning institutions and prepare advertisements for the posts;
- Analyzing data on teachers relating to the teacher management function;
- Identifying gaps in the teacher establishment for decision making;
- Identifying and establishing skills inventory for teachers in public learning institutions;
- Advising the management on issues pertaining to special needs education;
- Responding to queries on special needs education;
- Sensitizing all teachers on gender & disability mainstreaming in all public learning institutions;
- Compiling sub-county public complaints report on matters affecting teachers; and
- Coordinating professional teacher development programmes to ensure continuous improvement of teachers’ skills.
- Investigate allegations of professional misconduct within the sub-county;
- Receive applications for transfer of service of teachers to public institutions for submission to the county office;
- Receive applications for release of teachers to other institutions for submission to the county office
- Receive retirement documents and submit to the county office;
- Supervise staff within the sub county office; and
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the County Director.
Requirements for Principal Teacher Management Officers
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served satisfactorily as a Teacher for a minimum period of Six (6) years;
- Served at a minimum grade of C5, T-Scale 10 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor of Education or Bachelor’s Degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Met the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Applicants shall be required to have the following valid documents during application:
- a) Certificate of Registration as a teacher;
- b) Certificate of Good Conduct.
- c) Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board.
- d) Clearance Application from EACC.
- e) Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau.
- f) KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
- g) Highest Academic Certificate.
- Successful candidates may be deployed in any station within the Republic of Kenya as a Sub-County Directors.
- Applicants are advised to give accurate information while making their applications. Those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
This Position will Close on 02-02-2021.
To apply, kindly visit https://services.tsc.go.ke/