The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has introduced a new payslip portal for teachers. You can now access your TSC online payslip at https://tpay.tsc.go.ke/. You will still use your TSC number and password as used in the old T-pay portal; payslip.tsc.go.ke/. In case you have forgotten your password, then you can easily reset it.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR TSC ONLINE PAYSLIPS AND THE LOG IN PROCESS AT THE NEW T-PAY PORTAL
To get your payslips online, you must first be registered. Initially the process was done online but, now you must visit your local TSC County office for you to be registered. To log into your T-pay account all you need is your TSC Number and Password.
Once registered you can then proceed to log into the T-pay system to view your payslips and P9 forms. The system also provides a function for teachers to send their latest pay slip to 30 parties such as banks, Saccos, among others, to facilitate acquisition of a loan.
Once logged in, you can perform the following operations:
- View your payslips,
- Get you P9 form for filing KRA returns,
- Send your payslips to financial institutions (banks and SACCOs),
- View your third party transactions and
- Change your Payslips password.
NEW MENU INTRODUCED ON THE T-PAY PORTAL.
The Commission has introduced new menu in the T-pay portal. The ‘My Documents’ tab is one of the new menu introduced on the much improved payslips portal.
The new T-pay menu is very user friendly and contains the following menu:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PAYSLIP.
Once you log into the new T-pay system, you may need to keep a copy of your payslip. Simply click on ‘Latest Payslip’ to see the recent payslips (payslips for four months are displayed). To save a copy of your payslip, then, take a screenshot of the payslip. Similarly, click the ‘Print’ tab at the bottom of your payslip.
You can also search for previous payslips by using the ‘Search T-pay menu items’ tab. Then, click the ‘view payslips’ sub-menu.
By using the ‘View P9(s)’ sub menu, you can now access your P9s for the last three years with a lot of ease.
Your payslip contains a number of details. Click here to see an explanation of all the information that is displayed on your payslip.
HOW TO RESET YOUR T-PAY PASSWORD.
Did you forget your TSC password? Have no worries. You can also easily reset your T-pay password. This can be achieved by following the simple steps below;
- Visit the payslips portal at; https://payslip.tsc.go.ke/
- Click on the ‘Forgot password’,
- Fill in the required details; (TSC Number, Select the secret question, provide the answer, enter your phone number, email and password)
- The click ‘Reset Password’.
In case you have any queries or need any assistance, then you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 020 289 2158.
Please, do not disclose your TSC Payslip password to anyone. So many teachers have ended up losing financially by meeting third party deductions (insurance and loans) which they are not aware of.
DETAILS ON THE NEW TSC PAYSLIPS
You may be wondering what the various acronyms, appearing on your payslips, represent. Here is a guide to the abbreviations used on your payslip.
This is the short form of Social Welfare Associations. They form part of the third party deductions and include BBFs (Burial and Benevolent Funds), SACCOs and Teachers’ Unions. For deductions to these third parties to be effected, you must authorize them, online.
This shows the amount you are contributing to the new Superannuation pension scheme.
This is a short expression for Insurance Provider. Some teachers have registered with private insurance companies and remit funds to them via the TSC check off system.
An acronym for SACCO Loan. This is the amount of salary committed to offset a SACCO loan.
This means Commercial Loan. Shows the amount of salary slashed to offset a commercial bank loan.
The funds checked off a teacher’s salary on monthly basis towards his/ her savings at the SACCO.
TERMS OF SERVICE
A teacher is either on Permanent and Pensionable terms (P&P) or on Probation (Prob). Whichever is appropriate will be shown on your payslip.
- TSC Payslip registration, log in guide.
- TSC Payslip for teachers, online.
- TSC Online portal and services.
- A guide to TSC Leaves for all teachers
OTHER ACRONYMS ON YOUR TSC PAYSLIP
Here is a list of other short forms appearing on your payslip:
- PAYE Auto; The monthly Pay As You Earn (PAYE) deductions.
- MPR; This is the amount of Monthly Personal Relief (MPR).
- NHIF Contribution; Monthly statutory deductions towards the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF). This affects all government employees.
- PF Num; Your Personal File Number which is your TSC Number.
- RoD; The date when you are expected to attain the mandatory retirement age.
- Designation; Your job grade i.e Secondary Teacher II..
- ID Num; Your National Identity Card Number.
- Tax PIN; Your KRA PIN.