This article provides complete information about Pangani Girls High school. Get to know the school’s physical location, directions, contacts, history, Form one selection criteria and analysis of its performance in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. Get to see a beautiful collation of images from the school’s scenery; including structures, signage, students, teachers and many more. For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL LOCATION
Pangani Girls is a Prestigious National Secondary school that is located near the Capital City of Kenya; Nairobi Town, in Starehe Constituency in Nairobi County; Nairobi Region.
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S INFO AT A GLANCE
- SCHOOL’S NAME: Pangani Girls
- SCHOOL’S TYPE: Girls Only Boarding School
- SCHOOL’S CATEGORY: National
- SCHOOL’S LEVEL: Secondary
- SCHOOL’S LOCATION: located near the Capital City of Kenya; Nairobi Town, in Starehe Constituency in Nairobi County; Nairobi Region.
- SCHOOL’S KNEC CODE: 20400006
- SCHOOL’S OWNERSHIP STATUS: Public
- SCHOOL’S PHONE CONTACT: 0733-314991
- SCHOOL’S POSTAL ADDRESS: P.O Box 30152-00100, Nairobi- Kenya
- SCHOOL’S EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOOL’S WEBSITE: http://www.panganigirls.sc.ke/
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S BRIEF HISTORY
Pangani girls was started in the year 1932, in pre-independent Kenya. At the time it was named the Duchess of Gloucester School, named after the late Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester. At the time, the school had a purely Asian population, a community that lives, to this day, around the Ngara, Pangani area in Nairobi. The school offered what was then the Cambridge and Higher Cambridge School Certificate; today’s equivalent of ‘O’ and ‘A’ level education. After Independence in 1963, the school was renamed; Pangani Girls High School and enrolment of African students steadily began. It was initially a girl’s day school, but was converted to a boarding school in 1986. At the time it was then considered a provincial school.
The new post independent government adapted a regional model based off of a racial model the colonial government had. The former whites only, Indians only and Africans only schools were now converted into National, Provincial and District level schools respectively. Since 1990, Pangani Girls has steadily risen as a top performing High school under the stewardship of Ruth Cheriuyot, who has since retired. The schools consistent high performance over the years paid off. Pangani Girls School was certified as a National School in 2011 to offer more Kenyan girls a higher quality of secondary education.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW;
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Portal
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S VISION PANGANI GIRLS
“To develop the best students academically, socially, spiritually and morally.”
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S MISSION
“To provide an education that entails Relevant, Effective and Adequate skills for the holistic development of students to enable her to excel in the highly competitive world.”
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S MOTTO
“Founded on Truth and Excellence”
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S CONTACTS
In need of more information about the school? Worry not. Use any of the contacts below for inquiries and/ or clarifications:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (020) 676 04 01 / 676 02 99
- Postal Address: P.O Box 30152-00100, Nairobi- Kenya
- Phone: 0733-314991
- Website: http://www.panganigirls.sc.ke/
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA & ADMISSIONS PANGANI GIRLS
Being a national school, the main form one selection criterion is that one must have scored over 400 marks in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education, KCPE, exams. Other selection guidelines that are set by the Education Ministry also apply; from time to time.
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
As an academic and renown giant, the school has maintained a good run in performance at the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, exams. In the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams the school registered a total of 282 candidates who managed to score a mean of a B+(plus) with a performance index of 70.281. In 2019, the school had a total candidature of 271 students.
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S ALUMNI WORKS
As an association, we work on a two tier model. Tier one focuses on providing wholesome education, to current students in our alma mater; which builds them emotionally, physically as well as intellectually. We do this through four key programmes that we run in partnership with dedicated school administration. Tier Two focuses on growing a strong business and alumni network where we give back to our alma mater and begin to influence socio-economic growth in the alumni community.
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S MENTORSHIP
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S SPONSORSHIP
PANGANI GIRLS SCHOOL’S PHOTO GALLERY
Planning to pay the school a visit? Below are some of the lovely scenes you will experience.
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals