The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has refuted a document doing rounds on social media platforms showing details of all school administrators. The lengthy document contains details of school heads, principals, their deputies, senior teachers and masters. Names of administrators, their TSC Numbers, designation, grade and their work stations.
“A lengthy document circulating on social media and which contains names purporting to be of school administrators is fake. It has not originated from TSC. Please ignore it.” reads a warning by TSC.
The list that looks genuine was meant to confirm school administrators as the commission seeks to clean up its payroll. According to the latest circular by TSC, some classroom teachers are enjoying higher perks as a result of erroneous capture on the teachers’ roll.
A number of classroom teachers have been earning salaries ear marked for administrators a move that could the commission recover the over payments accumulated for the last 3 years.
The teachers’ employer collected data for institutional administrators in June, 2017. This was supposed to validate and move the administrators to higher grades once the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) was to be implemented.
But, TSC boss Dr Nancy Macharia now says the commission’s field officers provided inaccurate data leading to disparities in promotions for institutional heads, their deputies, senior teachers and senior masters.
“It has been established that some of you (TSC field officers) provided inaccurate and misleading data leading to errenous conversions (promotions to the new grades after implementing the SRC salary guidelines in 2017),” says Dr Macharia.
“Classroom teachers were converted to grades exclusively reserved for institutional administrators, teachers serving as deputy or senior teachers were wrongly captured as heads while in other instances, staffing levels in terms of required administrators in a school exceeded the optimum establishments contrary to the established staffing norms,” she further explains.
- Latest Teachers’ Salaries after implementation of the CBA
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals
The recent denouncement by TSC follows another one that was issued to circulars on biometric capture and teachers’ head count.
“In order to clean the commission payroll, TSC will carry out teachers’ head count and biometric registration,” reads the fraudulent post; in part and which has since been dispelled by TSC.
In yet another scamming post, teachers in administrative posts were required to visit the local TSC offices for verification.
TSC is preparing to award teachers the final phase of salary increments in July; as the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) comes to a conclusion.