Applications for placement in Kenyan Universities, Artisan, and Colleges is done via the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS, portal. All secondary schools are expected to give necessary career guidance and assist the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, 2019 candidates with online application for placement to universities and colleges.
Secondary schools shall on behalf of candidates collect, collate and submit online application for placement to universities and colleges by following procedures given in the website.
Every candidate is required to pay Kshs 500(Five hundred only); following procedures given in the website.
For complete information on all schools in Kenya, including best private and public schools, please visit this link: Schools Portal; Complete guide to all schools in Kenya
Minimum kuccps placement requirements
The minimum requirements for placement to degree is C+, Diploma C- , Craft Certificate D- and Artisan Certificate E.
Apart from the set minimum placement requirements set by kuccps, respective regulatory and professional bodies always set own requirements.
That the placement of government sponsored students is only for Kenyan Citizens.
Here are links to the most important news portals:
- KUCCPS News Portal
- TSC News Portal
- Universities and Colleges News Portal
- Helb News Porta
- KNEC News Portal
- KSSSA News Portal
- Schools News Portal
- Free Teaching Resources and Revision Materials
The Placement Procedure
Students placement to institutions of higher learning occurs in four (4) phases, namely:
Stage 1: KUCCPS School/Centre Application
The School/Centre application phase occurs between October and December. All candidates should be encouraged to apply and can select for four levels. However they should make choices for programmes they are only interested in pursuing. No program is mandatory.
Stage 2: KUCCPS first revision
First revision for degree and diploma choices will be on dates to be announced by placement service after the release of KCSE results.
Stage 3: KUCCPS second revision
Candidates who will not have qualified on competitive selection for any of their preferred choices during the first round of selection will be given a chance to do second revision by selecting courses with unfilled capacities.
Stage 4: Placement to any Programme.
Any applicant who fails to qualify for their choices but meet the cut off points for placement may be offered any course with unfilled capacities taking into account the minimum requirements for admission.
How to Log onto the KUCCPS Portal
- Access the Student’s login portal by using the address: https://students.kuccps.net/login/
- Enter your 2019 KCSE index number, KCSE year (2019) and your password ( Use Your Birth Certificate No. / KCPE Index No (as used in KCSE Exam Registration) as your Initial Password).
How to download Various resources/ Guides from the KUCCPS portal:
Visit the KUCCPS resources download page at https://students.kuccps.net/downloads/ To download various resources resources for the 2020/2021 Academic year. The following resources are available for download:
- The Principal’s manual
- Degree Programmes Cutoff
- Diploma Programme Codes
- Craft Programme Codes
- Artisan Programmes Codes
- Degree Cluster Document
- All TSC services online portals and how to log in
- TSC TPAD data upload deadline
- Complete guide to the new TSC TPAD portal
- TSC: Full details on the newly established grades for teachers
- TSC: Designation codes for all teacher job groups
- TSC Grades and qualifications/ requirements for various administrative positions in schools
- TSC: Details on the current all 36 Teacher job groups/ grades
- TSC: Requirements, appointment and responsibilities of Principals
- All what you need to know and carry to a TSC teacher recruitment interview
- TSC: Requirements, responsibilities and appointment of Deputy Principals