The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has developed a mobile app available for free download at Play store. The app is used to show your placement report; the course and university that you have been selected to join. It also displays your clusters i.e Degree Cluster weights for KCSE students with minimum university entry grade and above.
What is more? You can view available courses and institutions that you can select to join. The app also enables you to apply for the course of your choice by using the ‘Application’ tab.
Finally, you can request for an inter-institution transfer. This is helpful to students who are not satisfied with the institutions where they have been placed.
HOW TO GET THE APP
The KUCCPS mobile application is available on Google play store. To get the app, simply search for KUCCPS app and select the one titled ‘KUCCPS STUDENTS’ and having the official KUCCPS logo. Ensure the app is having the developer as ‘KUCCPS DEV TEAM’. Then, you can click on install to have it on your phone. Click here to get the app now.
HOW TO USE THE APP
Once installed, log in normally (as you do on the kuccps portal). To access your account, you must be armed with your KCSE index number, KCSE year and password. Use Your Birth Certificate number or KCPE Index No (as used in KCSE Exam Registration) as your Initial Password. You can change this if you like but it is not very necessary to do so.
- KUCCPS student login portal and user guide.
- KUCCPS website, portals and online services: 2020/2021 courses and placements complete guide
- 2020 KUCCPS revision of degree choices: Ultimate procedure, deadlines, help desks
- How to check kuccps degree and diploma placement for September 2020 intake
- Latest KUCCPS News: Maths, English to bar many from pursuing teaching degree courses