The Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec) has released a list of requirements for registration of the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) candidates. A student must fulfill the mandatory requirements in order to be fully registered.
Knec Requirements for a 2021 KCPE candidate.
To be registered for the KCPE examinations, a candidate must submit the following:
- A birth certificate,
- Secondary school choices and
- Registration fees (where applicable).
- All Examination fees must be paid through any of the following banks:-
- Co-operative Bank.
- National Bank of Kenya.
- Equity Bank.
- Kenya Commercial Bank.
- All Heads of institutions should ensure that KCPE 2021 candidates are registered where they have been learning in class seven (7).
- All candidates registering for examination in prisons must have individual passport size photograph uploaded online.
- All Heads of Institutions must ensure accuracy in the following when registering the candidates.
- Correct order of candidate’s names as per the birth certificate;
- Year of birth;
- Subjects entered;
- Information on different categories of candidates with special needs (ie Braille, Low Vision, deaf and physically challenged).
How to ensure that a KCPE 2021 candidate is fully registered
A candidate is considered duly registered for the KCPE examinations after fulfilling the following:
- Candidate’s details are successfully uploaded onto the KCPE registration portal,
- Entered correctly for the right RE paper (CRE, IRE or HRE),
- Payment of fees where applicable (examination fees is not refundable or transferable to another candidate nor to another year).
- Submission of all the candidates’ registration materials to KNEC.