The Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, has extended the deadline for uploading of the 2020 scores for grade 4 and class 8 into the LCBE portal. Through a circular sent to all school heads, the Council Boss Dr. Mercy Karogo says the new deadline will now be 20th November, 2020. This is after most schools failed to upload their marks due to congestion in the portal.
Below is the circular to all Head teachers
RE: SCHOOL BASED ASSESSMENTS UNDER THE LEARNING CONTINUITY IN BASIC EDUCATION PROJECT
As you are aware, the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC), on behalf of the Ministry of Education( MOE) conducted school-based learning assessments for Grade 4 and Standard 8 under the Kenya GPE COVID-19 Learning Continuity in Basic Education Project.
The overarching aim of the assessments was to establish learning gaps that may have been occasioned by the long period of closure due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, with a view to inform on interventions to be put in place towards addressing the gaps.
The Kenya National Examinations Council wishes to thank all Head teachers and teachers of the significant proportion of schools who have successfully uploaded the assessment scores, as well as those who are still uploading the scores.
It has, however, come to the attention of KNEC that the uploading exercise has been faced with challenges, which have slowed the process of uploading.
Cognizant of the challenges, and in order to ensure effective capture of all scores and allow for reliable reporting, KNEC wishes to give the following direction:
- The deadline for uploading the scores has been extended to 20th November, 2020.
- Schools shall upload the dully filled excel file, that was downloaded from the KNEC system, without real-time processing of scores. Upon successful uploading, an auto-message will be sent to the schools informing them that “processing shall be done within two (2) weeks”
- Schools which may have challenges in uploading as guided in 4.2 above, will attach the dully filled excel file downloaded from the KNEC system, and send to the following KNEC e-mail address email@example.com. The file shall be processed within two (2) weeks and feedback shall be given.
- Schools which still face challenges while uploading the scores can contact the Sub County Directors of Education (as guided in the Guidelines of administration of Assessments uploaded on the KNEC portal), or contact KNEC directly on; 0715477646 or 0772069891.
- KNEC LCBE portal; How to enter grade 4 learners’ scores
- How to capture KNEC class 8 marks on the LCBE portal (https://lcbe.knec.ac.ke/)
- How to upload marks for Class 8 and Grade 4 LCBE assessments
KNEC CIRCULAR ON CAPTURING OF LCBE DATA