The Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec) has released new registration requirements for all the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates. All candidates must fulfill these requirements in order to be correctly registered.
KCSE 2021 Knec registration requirements.
A KCSE candidate must meet the following Knec registration requirements:
- Have a passport photo (which should be 300 x 300 pixels),
- Produce a birth certificate,
- Produce the previous examination certificate i.e KCPE certificate,
- Subjects for which the KCSE candidate is registering for,
- KCSE 2021 candidates must be registered where they have been learning in form three (3) for secondary schools.
- All Heads of Institutions are directed to ensure accuracy in the following when registering the candidates.
- Correct order of candidate’s names as per the birth certificate;
- Year of birth;
- Subjects entered;
- Information on different categories of candidates with special needs (ie Braille, Low Vision, deaf and physically challenged).
- Candidates wishing to register privately will be required to download the private candidate’s registration form from the KNEC website, complete it as required and present it to the respective Sub County Education office for further instructions within the registration period.
For registration of the KCSE candidates, KNEC will only allow one private examination centre per Sub County.
- All private candidates will be expected to pay their examination fees directly to the KNEC fees collection accounts.
- All heads of institution are expected to ensure that all candidates registration details are captured correctly and every candidate has confirmed the same and signed the nominal roll.
- The Principal should download and correctly fill the following documents:
- 2021 KCSE CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
- PRIVATE CANDIDATES ENTRY FORM FOR THE 2021 KCSE EXAMINATION
- KCSE EXAMINATION FEES EXPECTED TO BE PAID BY GOVERNMENT FOR PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS
- KCSE FEES SUMMARY SHEET FOR PRIVATE CANDIDATES ONLY
- KCSE PRIVATE CANDIDATES LIST
- KCSE REGISTRATION RETURN ENVELOPE
- REPEATER’S AND NON- CITIZEN FEES BREAKDOWN
How to ensure a KCSE 2021 candidate is correctly registered
A candidate is considered duly registered after fulfilling the following:
- Candidate’s details are successfully uploaded onto the KCSE registration portal.
- The subjects are duly selected as per subject cluster as stipulated in the regulations governing the specific examination.
- Payment of fees where applicable (examination fees is not refundable or transferable to another candidate nor to another year)
- Submission of all the candidates’ registration materials to KNEC.