Vihiga Campus opened its doors in September 2013, admitting Diploma students in Community Health Nursing. The Campus is situated at Mbale Rural Health Training Centre in Vihiga County along the Kisumu – Kakamega highway. The Campus has consistently excelled in the College Final Qualifying Examination and has since qualified five classes.
Programmes and courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- A well-equipped library with current textbooks and reference materials.
- A well-equipped skills lab.
- A well-equipped computer labs connected to internet to facilitate students learning and research work.
- The Campus has full time internet connectivity.
Currently, the Campus has a student population of 336.
Clinical experience sites
Our students practice and gain experience in the following health facilities:
- Vihiga County Referral Hospital
- Kakamega County Referral Hospital
- Sabatia Sub-County Hospital
- Jumuia Kaimosi Hospital
- Mathari National Teaching and Referral Hospital psychiatric units
- Mbale Health Centre
- Bushiri Health Centre
- Bukura Health Centre
- Makunga Health Centre
- Kilingili Health Center
Clubs, societies and sports
The following religious groups are available for students include:
- Christian Union
- Catholic Action
- Muslim Group
- Seventh Day Adventist
Vihiga Campus excels in extracurricular activities having won the ladies handball at KMTC national championships three consecutive times. We also perform well in indoor games especially in badminton, scrabble and darts.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Vihiga Campus
P.O Box 1111-50300
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them