The history of Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Portreitz Campus dates back 1985 when it opened its doors to train Clinical Officers. It borders Moi International Airport, Standard Gauge Railway Mombasa terminal and the Port Reitz Hospital.
The Campus has recorded exponential growth over the years and currently offers four programmes, with others projected to start in the near future.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Health Nursing.
Plans are underway to offer the following courses:
- Kenya Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Plaster Technology
- Higher National Diploma Anaesthesia
- Modern lecture rooms
- Full equipped Skill lab
- Well equipped library with a wide variety of books
- Medical Laboratory Science labs
- Phlebotomy laboratory
- Well equipped gymnasium for Physiotherapy training
- Well equipped computer lab
- Dining Hall
- Borehole etc.
Clinical Training Sites
- PortReitz Sub County Hospital
- Coast General Hospital
- Malindi Sub County Hospital
- Kilifi County Hospital
- Mariakani Sub County Hospital
- Voi Level 4 Hospital
- Diani Health Centre
- Chaani Health Centre
- Tiwi Sub County Hospital
- Mbokole Health centre
- Mpeketoni Sub County Hospital
- Kururumo Sub County Hospital
- Kyulaimbo Sub County Hospital
- Mbale County Referral Hospital
Clubs and Sports
Students are encouraged to engage in various extra-curricular activities available at the Campus. These activities include sports, clubs and societies
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Portreitz Campus
P. O. BOX 90219-80100 Mombasa
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them