Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Nyahururu Campus is situated within Laikipia County Referral Hospital, in Nyahururu town. It was established in May 2016 as an initiative of KMTC Board of Directors, Laikipia County Government and the Laikipia County Referral Hospital.
Established with an objective of addressing the critical staffing shortage in the health facilities in the County, it started training Diploma in Health Education and Promotion in May 2016 with a class of 18 students.
In the 2017/2018 academic year, it started expanding its infrastructure and in 2019, it opened its doors to two other programs: Diploma in Nursing and Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Diploma in Health Education & Promotion
- Newly constructed classrooms and ablution block
- Renovated classrooms and offices
- A well-stocked library
- A Computer Lab
- A bus
- Construction of a storied tuition block and administration block is underway.
With the new programmes and the next intake, the student population is expected to increase to more than 200.
Clinical Experience Sites
- Nyahururu County Referral Hospital.
- JM Kariuki Hospital – Olkalou, Nyandarua County.
- Gilgil Hospital – for Psychiatric Nursing Experience
- Nyeri County Referral Hospital – Psychiatric Nursing Experience
- Ngarua Health Centre.
- Ndindika Health Centre.
- Rumuruti Health Centre
- Subukia Health Centre
- Ndaragwa Health Centre
- Baari and Kasuku Health Centres
Club, Societies and Sports
There are active clubs in the Campus that include:
- Christian Union,
- Young Christian Association,
- Seventh Day Adventist,
- Muslim Association
Our students participate in the following sports: –
- Volleyball both men and women,
- Football both men and women and
Campus contact information: –
The P r i n c i p a l
KMTC Nyahururu Campus
P.O. Box 1037-20300,
Tel: 0715314907/0740 345 739
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them