Located in Molo town adjacent to Molo Sub County Hospital, Kenya Medical training College (KMTC) Molo Campus was opened in March 2016 offering Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics with an aim of developing it to be a Centre of Excellence in Nutrition and Dietetics.
The Campus pioneered a two-year certificate program in Health Promotion for the Deaf for post-secondary school students and a short course – Certificate in Sign Language for Health Workers and other stakeholders. It is also developing to be a Centre for special programs for persons with hearing impairment. Plans are underway to commence more medical programs in support of Universal Health Coverage.
The Nutrition and Dietetics program is planning to start a course that will help the Molo community and beyond in prevention as well as management of communicable and non-communicable diseases or conditions.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Certificate in Health promotion for the Deaf
- Certificate in Sign Language for health workers
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- World class teaching faculty
- Adequate facilities for teaching and practical experiences.
- Hostel facilities available for the students.
- Library with internet connection and Food laboratory for nutrition demonstrations.
Currently, the Campus has a total of 165 students with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
- Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Kenyatta National Hospital
- Molo Sub County Hospital
- Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Egerton University Lab and food processing plants
Clubs, societies and sports
- Students Representative Council
- Christian union
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Young Christian Society
- Young Muslim Association
- Ambassadors for Quality Health
- Kenya Red Cross.
- Community Social activities.
Campus contact information
KMTC Molo Campus
P.O BOX 426-20106,
Email address: [email protected]
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them