KMTC Mbooni is located in Mbooni Constituency – Makueni County in the Eastern region of Kenya. It was established as a community initiative led by the KMTC Board of Directors and the former Member of Parliament (Hon. Michael Kisoi Munyao) and other stakeholders.
The purpose was to empower the community through training to achieve Universal Health Coverage by providing competent health care workers who could respond to not only current health issues but also emerging health problems.
The current Member of Parliament Hon. Erastus Kivasu has supported further development of the Campus through the Mbooni CDF kitty.
Construction of the Campus started in 2015 on a 5-acre piece of land and the first intake of students was in September 2019. The student population at inception was 46. The current student population stands at 94 students.
The first Principal posted to the Campus was Mr. Gabriel Kishoiyan Manyara (2015- December 2019) and Mrs. Grace Amenya is the current Principal.
Programmes and Courses offered at KMTC Mbooni Campus
The Campus started with a Certificate in Orthopedic Trauma Medicine and a Foundation in Course in Community Health which is a short course.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Mbooni Campus
P.O Box 153 – 90133 Tawa, Makueni
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them