Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Lugari Campus was established through a community initiative led by area MP Hon. Ayub Savula supported by the KMTC Board of Directors in 2014. Situated in Mautuma Sub- County, Lugari Constituency in Kakamega County, Lugari Campus opened its doors to its first group of students in September 2016.
Lugari Campus operates in two sites: at the Mautuma Sub- County Hospital and the former District Commissioner’s Headquarters.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:
- Diploma in Health Promotion.
- Certificate in Health Records and Information
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Fully equipped computer lab with sitting capacity of 35 students.
- Fully equipped skills lab.
- Plenty of water supply.
- A storied modern administration block, that will house classrooms and library.
- Procure a bus and utility vehicle.
The current student population is 123 students and this number is expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical experience Sites
All County and Sub-County hospitals across the Country
Clubs, Societies and Sports
- Christian Union
- Young Catholic students
- Seventh Day Adventists
- Volley Ball
- Short put
- High and Long jump
Campus Contact Information:
KMTC Lugari Campus
P. O. BOX 156 – 30106
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them