In 1987, Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Loitoktok Campus opened doors to a two-year certificate course in Medical Engineering for 18 students every two years. Due to the demand for the technicians, in 1996, the Campus started admitting 18 students annually. Since then the number of applicants has been increasing, reaching 50 students per year by 2016.
In September 2017, the Campus admitted a double class due to high demand for holders of Certificate in Medical Engineering. In 2018, an in-service program was started at the Campus to help certificate holders in Medical Engineering attain diplomas.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:
- Certificate in Medical Engineering.
- Certificate in Community Health Nursing.
- Upgrading in medical engineering
- Diploma in Medical Engineering.
Plans are underway to launch Diploma in Community Health Nursing.
- With a well-equipped library and computer laboratory networked with unlimited access to the internet for both students and staff, you will receive the best training from faculty members with knowledge and zeal to make your dreams come true.
- In addition, the skills lab and workshops are equipped with life-like models and modern diagnostic machines that provide you with opportunities to freely master nursing and medical skills and diagnostic procedures before visiting clinical areas to deal with real patients.
- The Campus has competent tutors, who are readily available for your special training needs. It also has a well-equipped library with the current recommended resource materials and committed staff.
- The Campus has vehicles for taking students for educational tours and recreational activities.
- The Campus has hostels with adequate water supply at affordable rates for students who wish to be accommodated within the campus.
The current population is 502 students and the number still growing.
Clinical Experience Sites
Loitokitok Level 4 Hospital, which borders the Campus, is the primary clinical site where students practice in their first and second years of training. However, in the third year, students get attached to rural health facilities and other hospitals in the country for more exposure to diverse health complications. These include Isinya Health Centre in Kajiado, Kajiado County Referral Hospital, health demonstration units in Health Centre of Kimana, Sultan Hamud, Voi, Kibwezi among others.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
You will become a member of active clubs and a vibrant student representative council at the Campus, which represents students’ grievances to the administration. We also have vibrant religious groups to nourish your spiritual needs such as Christian Union (CU), Young Catholic Society (YCS), Seventh Day Adventist and Muslim group.
If you have an interest in sports, Loitokitok is the place to be. Be it in athletics, volleyball, football, basketball, netball, darts, table tennis, chess, scrabble or badminton, we have made arrangements that will grow your body and mind. The Campus has been actively involved in sports and we have enough space in our compound to cater for these activities. Plans are underway to improve our training grounds, fields and other sports facilities.
Campus Contact Information:
KMTC Loitokitok Campus
P. O. BOX 101-00209
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them