Kenya Medical training College (KMTC) Kapkatet campus was started as an initiative of the KMTC Board of Directors and a group of local community members who saw the need of establishing a Campus to serve the then districts of Kericho, Kipkelion, Bureti and Bomet. When former President Mwai Kibaki visited the area, the locals seized the opportunity and requested for a training college.
This request was granted and in September 2007, KMTC Kapkatet started with 50 Clinical Medicine students. The community requested for some structures within the hospital to be converted into classrooms, offices, library, kitchen, dining hall, skills lab, administration and hostel.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Well-stocked library
- Well-equipped computer lab with internet connectivity
- Well-equipped and spacious skills lab
- College bus
- Adequate tuition areas
- Free Wi-fi and internet
- Hostel blocks situated within the Campus.
The student population stands at more than 500, with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical Experience Sites
Kapkatet Sub-County Hospital is the main clinical site used by students for their practical skills.
Clubs, societies and sports
The Campus has the following clubs;
- Christian Union (CU)
- Seven Day Adventist (SDA)
- Young Christian society (YCS)
The following sporting activities are available for our students as part of extra curricula activities: –
Campus Contact Information
KMTC Kapkatet Campus
P. O. BOX 35-20214
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them