Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Kapenguria Campus is situated near West Pokot County Headquarters adjacent to Kapenguria County Referral Hospital on a 12 acre-piece of land donated by the Hospital through the County Government.
KMTC Kapenguria Campus was started in early 1980’s and buildings put in place with the aim of empowering the county, then district, with health care personnel.
After devolution, the County Government of west Pokot built and equipped a new and modern facility for classes, administrative offices, skills slab, and library. Some of the pre-existing hospital buildings were also converted for use by the Campus.
KMTC Kapenguria Campus admitted the first Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nurses students in September 2014. The Campus was officially opened by President Uhuru Kenyatta on 16th April, 2015. It was the first KMTC campus in Kenya to be built and equipped by a County Government.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Higher National Diploma in Family Medicine.
- Diploma in Enrolled Community Health Nursing.
- Certificate in Community Health Nursing.
- Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Administration Block
The administration block consists of Principal’s office, board room and eight modern offices.
The tuition block consists of six (6) class rooms.
A complete modern and well-equipped library.
- Computer Lab
Equipped with computers and connected with internet to facilitate teaching and learning.
- Skills Lab
Fully equipped skills lab by County Government and donation from Liverpool.
The Campus has well-equipped hostels with adequate water supply.
- Ongoing works:
Construction of a computer and nutrition lab ongoing.
Clinical Experience Sites
West Pokot County has 83 functional health facilities, one county referral hospital, three Sub-County Hospitals and Health Centers in each sub county.
The following facilities are approved by the Nursing Council of Kenya as clinical experience sites for our students: –
- Kapenguria County Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Ortum Mission Hospital
- Sigor, Chepareria, Kacheliba Sub County Hospitals
- Kabichbich and Turwell Health Centers
- Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital for psychiatric experience, ICU etc.
- Kitale County Hospital
- Lodwar County Hospital
Clubs, Societies and Sports
The Campus participates in the KMTC sports and have emerged winners in various outdoor and indoor games.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Kapenguria Campus,
Email: [email protected]
Full list of all Courses offered at KMTC (See minimum entry requirements)
1. Clinical Medicine and Surgery (Diploma and Higher
2. Medical Laboratory Sciences (Diploma and Higher
3. Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine (Certificate
4. Community Oral Health (Diploma)
5. Medical Imaging Sciences (Diploma and Higher
6. Medical Education (Higher Diploma)
7. Health Records and Information Technology
(Certificate and Diploma)
8. Pharmacy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
9. Dental Technology (Diploma)
10. Nursing (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
11. Public Health (Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma)
12. Nutrition and Dietetics (Certificate and Diploma)
13. Occupational Therapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
14. Health Promotion (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
15. Orthopaedic Technology (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
16. Optometry (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
17. Physiotherapy (Diploma and Higher Diploma)
18. Medical Engineering (Certificate, Diploma and Higher
19. Short Courses
How to Apply for KMTC Courses 2021/2022
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC.
KMTC seeks to enrol and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrolment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavours, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke.
The prospective candidates apply for admission into courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category.
The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for campuses choice in more than sixty five (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them